Dusk of memories...

Narration: imagine being a parent, with two wonderful kids whom you share an incredible bond with... you got to a stage of your life in an episode of theirs where you got to watch them experience their first relationship breakdown.
That is what the first episode of this book has for you.

For a single moment, I just want to feel like the universe isn't about to crush me and my heart isn't about to explode...
Ah! I cried out in desolation. Rushed in my mom from the sitting room,... Angel are you okay? I heard you scream?.

No Mom is okay, it's just a slight pain in my jaw but am okay; I lied...

Chrissy are you okay? Archie hurried in. I heard you scream in my sleep..... Gave a mouthful of yarn.

Now being surrounded by my mom and big brother, all in curiosity waiting for me to speak up.
Am fine Archie, I just had a bump on my jaw that's all.
Are you sure, let me see your face? Mom insisted to be sure I am quite okay...
I uncovered myself from my duvet, Mom pat my cheek gave me a peck and made way to leave as Archie patted my legs and left after bidding me a goodnight...

"Oh Harry, you've killed me!"
I slumped back into my bed in deep agony.
trying to recollect how I met Harry, a drop of tears dropped down my cheeky face...

Harry was, and had been my teenage boyfriend though the first, still cool but that doesn't make me an adult yet.
Do I need to think about us right now!? Nope! Not like I care anyways...

Just that he broke my heart;
we had a breakup one week ago, and it hasn't been easy for me as I have been traumatised.
Harry chose to leave me for Mia, that promiscuity girl, who always thinks she's better and more beautiful than everyone else in the world, Gosh... She disgust me
Am i just being jealous, I rhetorically asked myself in soliloquy.

******
I and my family live in Maryland and I just changed into a new school, due to relocation certainly because of a new pandemic on board.
So few weeks after our relocation, we went on lockdown.

That's by the way: no more about me, I said, giving myself a hard pinch as if I was talking to someone else if not myself.

Cathy!! I've missed you so much my dearest partner in crime. I giggled in a sad mood.
Chrissy darling, are you okay? My mom called out from what seemed like behind my door.
as her voice sounded, it seemed like she has been listening to me for a while.
yes Mom, am okay! don't worry about me, I screamed out to her hearing.
Why wouldn't I care baby? Please do well to tell me what bothers you, am your mother remember?

Ye I Mom, I assured her. Alright sweet, am upstairs, goodnight, she finally uttered. Thanks, Mom, I love you!.

Love you too Chrissy, sweet dreams she left.

My nerves were calmed afterward, hopefully, she wasn't eavesdropping, I laid out a noisy breath...

My Mom walked carelessly upstairs making a noisy slap at each step she takes.

One can probably steal anything in the house without being caught due to her footsteps will sound like an alert to the thief.
I have told her severally about it but she ends it with laughter and nicknames me a "Ballet Princess" which does get me wondering what came about Ballet?.... hmmm, mom is the real drama queen anyways.

In memory of all this, I chuckled so hard not long enough, I remembered my previous state.

Damn!, I yelled. Harry, you are so dead!...
just then a drop of unexpected tears dropped down my cheeks but I wiped them off immediately.

After some seconds of silence, I uttered, questioning myself; Chrissy, what are you doing to yourself? Baby, you are bigger than this, aren't you?

Just then my brother answered me.
yes, Chrissy, you are. He said in a calm and warm voice.

How long have you been there? I asked him looking so shocked.
So you have been listening to me? Yes darling, I have and I've been here as quite long as you can imagine. Can I come in?

Come in you sneak! Just as he made his way in, I stoned a pillow at him, he caught it and smiled broadly.
I frowned at him and sighed. Chrissy, I understand how you feel, I did hear all you said, all you are passing through, and all you have been through.
What? I asked staring directly into his brown dreamy eyes than to his blonde hair full of surprise. How much did you hear?

Well, as much as you said. Damn! You are such a wimp! I roared, slapping him so hard on his arm.

Ahhh! he screamed in pain, calm down Chrissy, mom's asleep; so that we don't wake her.
Yes, boss, I hear you, saying that I rolled my eyes away. Am I being so mean? Yeah, but I don't give a dime about that.

Chrissy listens to me, you are the only real girl I've grown to know, after Mom, you are my next love but don't see it as if I love Mom more than you; no. I love you both equally.

You are my most gorgeous girlfriend, best friend, sister, and accomplice. I stared at him as I struggled to speak in midst of tears; he covered my mouth with his silky palm and I calmed, feeling more comfortable while he continued...

Chrissy, I hope you'd listen to me, don't struggle or punish yourself over someone or people who don't care whether you stay or not. Don't live to please anyone, just be yourself and please yourself first before considering the next party.

For those who will stay, will do, and will love you without unnecessary faults and judgments.

Let me remind you, in case you forgot: you are a very special and unique being that everyone who knows and understands your worth, will want to emulate. Hope you haven't forgotten how much I love and believe in you, Chrissy?.

This time, I couldn't hold back the unmeasurable tears that flowed like a river out of my eyes, as he offered me his arms and I fell into them, sobbing like a baby.

Calm down Angel, whenever you feel unloved, just don't forget that, "Archie loves you" he sealed it with a wink.

Yes biggie, I managed to utter as he gave me a big kiss on my forehead. So now, will my adorable and dearest princess go to sleep?

I chuckled and gave a pout, smiling exceedingly. Archie, you are the best brother in the entire universe, I hugged him again. Yes he is, I didn't just say it for him to feel good, cos obviously, I don't fake things neither do I hide my feelings.

......I know that already sweetheart, you don't cease to remind me that being a cool brother anyone could ask for. I opened my eyes on him at his sudden courage of saying such, as we both burst out to everlasting laughter; which was interrupted by cool music in the background sung by a famous Singer, Akon titled "Hold my hands".

It was my phone ringing out loud.

Seems like a perfect song for my brother and me, isn't it? As if he was the one singing it for me.... although an old song but it quenches a weeping soul...

I smiled sheepishly as I got startled by his tap, goodnight Chrissy, let me leave you now, pick your call before you miss it.

I gazed at my phone and smiled broadly, It's Cathy!, I burst out.

Alright, my brother said finally, as if he'd been waiting to know who was calling me.

Sweet dreams Chrissy, I love you.

Love you too biggie, just then I picked the call and fell back on my bed relieved.

"Hello Bestie", I chimed.

Yes, psycho, I got your text...

We both laughed as we jabbed each other throughout, coupled with other gifts we have been longing to exchange...