Prologue: The Isolated Pony

Willow looked out the foggy window at the rain that poured from the darkened sky. 

"Can I please go and see Annie?" She asked, her quiet voice trembling with the faintest hope that the answer would be yes.

"What have I told you! I don't want you hanging around those selfish fools, Willow! They'll hurt you." The harsh voice came from the mat behind her.

"They never hurt me before..." Willow dared to whisper. Since there was no response from the male behind her, Willow assumed he need nothing else and quietly slide out of the cold room.

Sighing, she quietly walked up the steps to the small attic room in which she stayed. Wearily she laid down on the small mat she called a bed and dared to think about the other children which she had once played with. 

I wonder what Annie's doing right now... Maybe she's beating up Sly.... Or maybe it's the other way around. Willow pondered.

Maybe Sly will sneak up here to see me... maybe he'll bring Annie and we can play hide and seek. Willow smiled happily as she thought about trying to find a hiding spot in her small room. 

Why did I have to be the horse... why do I have to be the one locked up her... why can't Sly and Annie see me anymore... Willow wiped her eyes as she tried not to let these questions slip into her mind.

"I promise I'll follow you anywhere and protect you from everything!"  Sly had boasted. 

"And I'll be there to actually save you when this idiot fails to!" Annie had barked.

"I won't need your help you smelly dog!"

"Yeah, right you prevvy snake!" 

"I'm not prevvy just optimistic with women!"

"Optimistic my-"

"Enough! T-Thank you.. but I haven't made my promise you to you. I-I may not be very good at protecting you guys... but I promise to be there whenever you need help!"

It was almost funny how none of them could keep such simple promises.