1

When you found out that your boyfriend was cheating on you, you were happy to let him go and completely cut him out of your life. Of course it was a huge blow to your confidence that he had decided to cheat on you; relationships were supposed to make you feel comfortable and supported, not lied to and betrayed. However, you were lucky to have some pretty amazing friends that helped you through it all.

The only problem was that when your sister sent out her wedding invitations, you had told her that you were bringing your ex-boyfriend as a date. This might not sound too bad, but your family loved to pry into your personal life, and you weren't sure you could handle an entire weekend of questions about why you and your ex were no longer together, along with the pitiful glances you knew they would send you.

You groaned. "I'm literally dreading my sister's wedding. Isn't that horrible? I'm the maid of honour, I'm supposed to be excited for her and super supportive. But all I can think about is how miserable my extended family is going to make me."

Younghoon and Kevin had been listening to your ranting, the three of you cuddled up together on the couch of your apartment. "So bring a date," Kevin stated the obvious, raising his shoulders and arms in a shrug. "Problem solved."

"Except, not really," you denied. "It could work, but I don't have anyone who's close enough to me that I wouldn't have to fake the chemistry and strong bond of a long-term relationship. I don't think it'd be convincing if I just took anyone and asked them to pretend we're dating."

"Then take Hyunjae," Younghoon suggested, moving his head off of your shoulder to make eye contact with you.

"Hyunjae?" you echoed. "You really think that'd be convincing?" Younghoon and Kevin shared a look, one that you noticed. "What was that look?" you asked in a nervous tone.

"Nothing," Kevin waved it off. "I agree with Younghoon. If you want to make it look real, you've got to take Hyunjae."

"I guess we have been friends for a long time..." you allowed, thinking it over. You had met Hyunjae in college where you met most of your friends, but the two of you clicked really easily and got along incredibly well. Your humour played really well off of his and you, Hyunjae, and Eric often got up to mischief to the point where you gave Changmin and Sangyeon a headache. "Do you think he'd do it?"

"If he thinks it'll help you, I don't see why he wouldn't," Younghoon said, grabbing his phone from the coffee table before resting his head on your shoulder again. "Now can we finally agree on what to order for dinner? Waffles for dessert, no discussion."