5

"One bed?" Hyunjae stammered, the large queen-sized bed being the first thing he spotted.

"Oh," you hadn't given it much thought when you came in, instead taking the time to step out onto the balcony and admire the night view of the ocean. "Well, I was with my ex for almost a year so... I guess my sister thought this would be okay," you explained. "I don't mind sharing."

"Oh that's fine," Hyunjae smiled, placing his duffel bag on the floor under the desk. "I'll sleep on the sofa," he decided, taking a seat on said sofa.

It looked big enough for him to sleep on, but you didn't think it was necessary. "Really, I don't mind," you repeated. "This bed is huge. And I know that you don't have any weird sleep habits that I need to worry about."

"I insist," Hyunjae said, lying down on the sofa and stretching out to demonstrate. "See! I fit perfectly."

You bit your bottom lip. You didn't realise that the idea of sleeping in the same bed as you was something that Hyunjae was so against. The two of you had been friends for years, and you considered Hyunjae one of your closest friends amongst Younghoon and Kevin.

You supposed it meant that Hyunjae was uncomfortable with the idea of you interpreting his actions as romantic instead of platonic; which you understood. You didn't realise it would hurt so much to realise that Hyunjae didn't see you romantically at all.

To hide this, you gave Hyunjae a shrug and sat down on the bed. "I propose that we order room service, watch a few movies, and leave the meeting of the extended family until tomorrow," you suggested. "Thoughts?"

Having already closed his eyes, Hyunjae hummed in agreement. "Sounds good," he said sleepily. "I'll take whatever burger they have."

You nodded, taking out the room service menu and flipping through it.

One overly large meal and two movies later, Hyunjae had trudged off into the bathroom to get ready for bed once you were done. You took your phone out to check your social media and found that your sister had also spent the night in for the most part; according to her Snapchat story. She and her fiancé had a similar evening to your and Hyunjae, except they shared a romantic bath amongst other things in their suite.

You laughed suddenly. "Hey Jae," you called out to Hyunjae. "Have you ever had the urge to see what Eric and Sunwoo look like dancing salsa? Because if the answer is yes, you have to see Changmin's Snapchat story," you added.

Hyunjae emerged from the bathroom in his pyjamas, taking a seat next to you on the bed as you showed him the footage. The two of you giggled together, fondly making fun of your friends as you fabricated funny texts to send to the youngest two. Soon, the two of you had comfortably burrowed yourselves under the covers in the bed, yawning.

"You really don't have to sleep on the sofa," you told Hyunjae once more, just in case he changed his mind.

Hyunjae smiled timidly, shaking his head before pressing a kiss to the top of your head as he stood up. "I should get to sleep," he said in lieu of an answer, making his way over to the sofa.

With a quiet sigh, you nodded and tucked yourself into bed alone, turning the lights off after sharing a good night.