|Chapter 4|

***Song Playing: Lithium - Nirvana***

***
Song Playing: Lithium - Nirvana
***

     After coming down from your surprise that the boy spoke to you, you spoke. "Hi Gon I'm (Y/n), I thought that Tonpa guy told you to stay away from me." You spoke as you sped up to jog alongside Gon. Leorio and Kurapika tensed, not at all trusting you around Gon. "He did, but you seemed nice so I didn't want to judge." You smirked at the young boy's obliviousness to how harsh the world is. "That's nice of you Gon. Who are your friends?" Kurapika and Leorio shared a look before Kurapika spoke up.

     "I am Kurapika Kurta, and this is Leorio, it is a pleasure to meet you." You snickered at his literal way of speaking and replied. "It's nice to meet you two as well." You then put all of your attention on Gon and bent to his level while still jogging. "Hey Gon, do you want to see something cool?" Gon smiled and excitedly agreed. You used your Nen and pretended you were doing a magic trick, as to not reveal what Nen is to Gon just yet.

     You put your hand out to show that there was nothing there, while Gon kept his eyes on your palm the entire time. You closed your hand and turned it over, when you turned it back over and revealed your palm Gon smiled with surprise. In your hand was a burgundy flower known as the Black Dahlia, named after a woman who was brutally murdered. You always took a liking to that case.

     You handed Gon the flower and spoke. "It's called the Black Dahlia, make sure you don't lose it."  Gon stared at the flower a little longer before putting it in a safe part of his bag. You noticed Killua in the corner of your eye skate by on his unique skateboard. "Hey, Kid! Why don't you show a little respect for the exam!?" Killua looked at Leorio nonchalantly. "What do you mean?" Leorio had multiple tik marks on his head now. "I mean quit using a damn skateboard! It's cheating!" Killua turned his head more to speak more clearly. "How's that?" Leorio's irritation only seemed to increase after that comment. "This is an endurance test that's how!"

     You had to cover your mouth to prevent yourself from cackling. "No, it's not." You nearly choked at Gon's straightforwardness, Kurapika chuckled along with you at the child. "What are you babbling about now Gon!?" Leorio shouted in Gon's direction. You and Kurapika looked at Gon wondering what his answer would be. "The examiner guy said to follow him, that's all." You shared a look of dumbfoundedness with Kurapika while Leorio continued to shout at Gon.

     You watched closely as Killua slowed to Gon's pace and spoke to him. "Hey, how old are you?" You deadpanned at Killua's poor social skills. "12 years old!" Gon spoke with a smile. You noticed a look of realization cross Killua's face, you figured it was because they were the same age. Killua then did some dope ass trick on his skateboard that you probably couldn't do because you have the attention span of a goldfish. "I think I'll run for a little while." Gon awed at Killua, then they introduced themselves to each other. You noticed Leorio seething in rage quietly to himself, causing you to snicker.

    You picked up on Leorio's sluggishness but you didn't really care because it wasn't your problem. Eventually, you saw him run past you with a random burst of determination, while Gon grabbed his briefcase that he left behind. You all reached a set of stairs and that was when Satotz spoke again. "We've reached the 80 km mark. Let's pick up the pace a bit shall we?"

    Complaints rang out through the crowd but you didn't care, if anything you were more excited. You were in your own little world so when Gon and Killua randomly sped up you nearly got whiplash. You kept at your current pace no matter how much you wanted to race with them too. Kurapika initiated a conversation with Leorio about why he wants to be a hunter, while you went off in your own little word.

    You thought about how you wanted to meet the troupe and befriend them. Even if they are the most wanted gang of criminals in the world, it doesn't change the fact that they care about their own people. Your brother Chrollo had always cared for the troupe, and he was happy when you agreed to the idea of making a gang. Even though you were kept in the shadows, you were well informed about the Troupe's business by your brother and one of the original members named Machi.

    Machi was the only Troupe member besides your brother that knew of your affiliation. You had known each other since childhood considering you were both young girls growing up in Meteor City, you got along quite well. You even learned Nen together, but you wouldn't tell each other the base of your abilities because no matter how close you are to a person; You should never tell them about your Nen.

    You tuned back into what Kurapika and Leorio were saying when Kurapika told Leorio about the scarlet eyes of the Kurta Klan. "So that's why the Phantom Troupe attacked you? Because of your eyes?" You made an 'oop' face and looked the other direction like they do in cartoons to not look suspicious. "Low key kind of feel bad now. But what can you do." Kurapika continued speaking. "I swear on my life that I will capture the Phantom Troupe." You felt like you were intruding at this point, but you also didn't care because you're a bad bitch or whateva.

     You quickened your pace to get out of the uncomfortable situation that you were in at the moment. "On God, he was attacking my homies." then you giggled. "They do kinda deserve it doe." You hummed the tune to your favorite song as you peacefully ran by all the unconscious bodies because you're swag like that.

    You were now running with Gon and Killua. "I gotta tell you Gon, I'm pretty impressed that you can keep up with me." You made an 'uwu' face at the fact that Killua finally had a friend beside you and Alluka. "You are?" Gon laughed while rubbing his neck sheepishly. "Or maybe they're all so slow that you just seem fast." You smacked Killua on the hand for giving Gon such a backhanded compliment. He then complained about the Hunter Exam not being hard enough.

    "Why do you wanna be a hunter anyway?" Killua looked back up at Gon and spoke. "Who me? I never said I wanted to be a hunter." You rolled your eyes, already knowing what his answer will be. "I just heard the exam was supposed to be really hard, it sounded kind of fun so here I am." Killua made a smug face. "But it's not as fun as I thought." Gon then turned his attention to you. "What about you (Y/n)? Why do you want to be a hunter?" You looked down at Gon and Killua, both of them looking at you expectantly. "I don't necessarily want to become a hunter; My boss asked me to get a license, but it also seemed fun.

    Killua was confused. He usually knew about all the jobs you went on, and he thought your only boss was his father, so what 'boss' are you talking about?

***

***