14. Love, D.

Chapter 14

Alycia's Pov.

I left Harry's after breakfast this morning. We didn't kiss or anything after we left the bed. He was confused but obviously didn't argue. I just told him we should practice just trying to actually be friends and friends only.

There's no secret that we have a lot of tension and chemistry between the two of us but how do I know he doesn't have that with everyone? Even if I liked him enough to tell him everything and risk being with him, I don't know if he just acts this way around most girls. I've never seen him around anyone other than the people at the studio.

I just don't want to risk anything happening to him and I don't wanna risk my feelings being hurt. So this is the start of me officially trying to make sure we stay friends and only that. I said to myself when I left his house, that was it. No more doing anything that's not friendly. I'm gonna keep my word. How i'm gonna explain that to him? I'll just keep saying we should be friends. I don't know, I'll come up with someone later too.

Right now, I just got out of a meeting with some creative directors on how I want my album cover to look. We drew up some ideas and jotted some down as well. It was really productive i'd say. However, it went a little over time so now i'm rushing to the studio to meet Harry and Matt.

I haven't heard from Harry since I left but I mean, we've been together the past two days straight. We don't need to talk 24/7.

I finally made it to the studio and I saw Harry's Range Rover parked in the corner of the parking lot and saw Matt's up front. I'm always late these days I feel like. Technically today was not my fault though.

I'm dressed casual but also kind of cute because I had a meeting and didn't wanna wear my usual pajama style studio clothing.

So I dressed in a cute neutral colored crop top with sweats and black boots.

I walked into the studio and greeted Portia, the receptionist, and walked towards my studio. I heard talking in the studio and slowed down to try and hear the conversation. I'm fucking nosey okay?

I missed what Harry said but I heard his voice before Matt's. Now I heard Matt talking and the conversation seemed like a serious conversation.

"And you think he is?" Matt asked and suddenly I heard Harry speak up again. "I know he is. It's just fucked up that she has to deal with that."

Wait...is he talking about me?

"Well...I don't know how you know but i'm happy you asked her to stay if that's what was going on. I'm gonna try and talk to her." Matt said and suddenly I felt a very weird feeling.

What did he mean by 'i'm glad you asked her to stay if that's what was going on'? He didn't just ask me to stay because he wanted company? Or to see me? I mean, I didn't figure that was why but I guess I didn't realize that maybe a part of me wishes that was why.

Well...then what the fuck are they talking about? What's going on?

Harry started to say something else and I opened the door. I walked in without looking at either of them and sat my bag down.

"Ah Ly, you're here!" Matt said and I looked over at him to see a smile plastered on his face.

"Hi." I said with a small smile so they wouldn't think i'm mad.

I'm not even necessarily mad. I'm just frustrated that they're talking about me and what sounded like my situation with Dylan. I should've never said anything to Harry about it. I only mentioned it once. And I played it off like it was nothing. You'd think he'd let it go. I don't get why he cares so much about the Dylan thing. He literally doesn't even know the severity of it. What's he even worried about?