1- The night home

I woke up by a knock at my window. As I opened my eyes I noticed that it was still dark outside. When I looked at my watch on my nightstand the clock said it was around 2 am.

I stood up and pulled my curtains aside as I saw an owl outside my window waiting for me to let it in. I opened the window to smell this great scent of summer grass and rain, at the same second the owl flew in and dropped a letter that landed at the end of my bed before taking a seat on my desk chair.

I read what it said on the front only to notice a certain handwriting from two of my best friends sister when a smile came across my face. After I ripped it open I read the letter as it said:

Dear Y/n.
Hi. Hope i don't interrupt something important that you are doing but I just wanted to say that I can't wait until you come visit us here at the burrow tomorrow.
The twins are driving me mad and I cant take it anymore. Please come rescue me from those two gits. Yesterday they pranked Percy by throwing loads of water on him in his sleep and I think they might do it to me soon. They are also talking a lot about you. Specially Fred, I'm starting to think is in love with you or something.
I can't wait to meet you. You'r almost like a bigger sister to me. I know that you are coming tomorrow but pleeeaassee come rescue meee noooww.
Hugs, Ginny.

My smile have gotten wider as I finished reading it. I smiled at the owl and decided that he might want something to eat after the long flight here.

I snuck down to the kitchen paying way too much attention on where to put my feet so it wouldn't crack because I didn't notice my dad standing at the end of the stairs looking confused at me as his voice came up.

"Hi Y/n." He said in a low and whispery tone not to wake up mom while looking straight at me. I jumped and got so scared at the sudden voice that I fell down the last couple of steps.

"H-hi dad.. why are you up this early? I taught you were in bed." I whispered to not make mom wake up too.

"Well Y/n/n, I was just about to ask you the same thing." He said eyeing me as I tried getting up from the cold wooden floor.

"Umm.. well.. I was just going to.. umm..." Before I could say anything else something fell upstairs in my room. He looked up at the stairs and I got nervous at the sudden sound while trying not to look in my dads eyes.

"Y/n." He looked down at me before continuing.
"What was that?" He now looked at me really serious which made me quite nervous.

"There is no point in lying, eh?" I were now looking my dad in his eyes as he still looked down at me. He just shook his head 'no' while continuing looking straight at me.

"Okay, umm... Well Ginny sent me an owl and wanted me to come to the burrow sooner because of the twins, you know how those two are sometimes. And I guess their owl got lost yesterday as it came so early in the morning today. So I was going to give him some bread to get som energy before letting him fly home again." My dad just nodded. As I have been to the Weasleys some times he knew that they were close friends of mine. Even tho my mom and dad are both pure-bloods who also went at Hogwarts they never really were friends with the Weasleys at the time.

"Well then I guess you should hurry up and get some bread because you need some more sleep since you are visiting them tomorrow." He said smiling before walking back up the stairs into their room.

I whisper yelled a 'thank you' after him as I went to the kitchen. I got the bread and ran up to my room. I gave the owl some food and opened the window so that he could fly out and then I went back to bed. I felt how my eyelids got heavier and heavier before sleep overtook me.

A/N: I am really sorry for the short and boring chapter but I promise it will get more interesting. I just had to start somewhere and this is what came to my mind. Again, sorry. But it will get better!
Again. If you notice any spelling or grammar error please tell me! I really want this to work. English isn't my main language and I need your help with telling me when things get wrong! ;)