Chapter 1.

We strode up to the jury of elders, My palms were sweating, my vampiric blood was pulsing in my veins. My strong, graceful body was tense, I was unsure as why I was here, I hadn't done anything wrong. I had only tried to be moral in a way of which was unacceptable to the vampire colonies. I looked at Fae who's delicate face was as white as snow, her long, sleek purple hair drooped down to her wrists where the enchanted handcuffs binded her hands together.

"Dawn Eligio Alessandro and Fae Baldovino Callidora please step forward." said Judge Thana.

"You are here today on account for protesting against the feeding off humans." accused the Judge.The jury gasped in shock as this is abnormal for a vampire to fight against. Fae looked at me, her slanted turquoise eyes glistened as she stared into my slitted eyes that matched a shining sapphire gem. Beads of sweat fell from Fae's face onto the obsidian floor. The moon shone in on us from the purple stained glass dome roof. The moons reflection bouncing of the quartz walls. "Is this statement true?" He proclaimed.
 "Obviously it is true because why else would we be here?" I stated. Fae elbowed me in the hips signaling me to stop ranting on.
"Excuse Dawn sir, she can act out irrationally." Fae whispered.
"Why is your minion speaking for you!" chuckled Judge Thana.
"She is not my minion! She is my friend who just happens to do everything I say and emotionally tethered to me!" I blurted.

Fae chuckled under her breath, the tension in her shoulders loosened. She straightened her back and looked Judge Thana straight into her eyes, her confidence restored.
"I may be her guardian but that does not necessarily mean I have to be just that." declared Fae. Fae was my guardian, a witch who is personally attached to me, she protects me and helps me make the right decisions but I am starting to question if I should listen to her after the recent chain of events that have leaded me to the court house.
"Dawn and Fae you have confessed to your actions and in return will be punished severely."
"Should I not at least get to say why I did it?" I exclaimed.
I had always hated the way that we feasted off humans and kept them in farms as there was substitutes such as a mixture of enchanted herbs, but this was unacceptable to the vampire colonies as this has been the way of life in Deephaven for as long as anyone can recall.
"After confessing to your actions there is no need to."
Judge Thana turned around and faced the jury of elders, her blood red robe trailing behind her.

They whispered to each other,trying to determine what out punishment was to be for our actions.
"Everything is going to be okay." Fae whispered to me
"Only if I am with you." I said grabbing hold of her hand.
We stared through the dome roof at the crescent moon and embraced it in all its beauty, as if it was the last time we would.
"Dawn and Fae please rise up in attendance of Elder Akili."
I strolled up to the judging podium with Fae by my side, our hands clutched together.
"Dawn Eligio Alessandro and Fae Baldovino Callidora as a punishment for your actions you have both been banished to the human realm to live out what remains of your life!"
At that moment the realm of Deephaven stopped turning. Everything froze around me as if time itself had collapsed.

They had to be joking! That can't be the real punishment! Its to severe for a 16 year old vampire. Then it hit me, the reason why they had choice this punishment, the reason they found it so suitable. If I was banned to that realm I would have a choice to either feed off of a human or die. They wanted me to go against my beliefs, they wanted me to know that there was no choice against feeding of humans, that it was a necessary part of a vampires life.

It was impossible to reason with the elders. They gave us 1 day before we had to leave for the human realm.
I established a plan to gather enough herbs to make a blood substitute to last me at least a year. I would have to spend a year sipping my life out of bottles or either drink from warm human flesh which I found unacceptable.
I was not ready to leave behind my life here,I had only just begun living, fitting in with fellow vampires, making friends. I was not ready to leave the city of Deephaven, its tall quartz buildings,obsidian paths,the constant moon which illuminated the city, bouncing off the quartz walls creating a sphere of light. I had been educated in school about the human realm and how the moon only comes out at a time called night and that the sun if fatal to our delicate porcelain skin but nothing on how to survive there! Fae materialized next to me while I was packing my bag, she threw the bag of fluorescent purple,spiked plants onto her bed.
"At least we have each other." she said her voice trailing off. I hugged Fae from behind and whispered into her soft pink ear
"We will never be pulled apart."
"For we are one!" we chanted together, laughing we toppled backwards onto her bed.