02. plan a: shortcake and tea

"Can you be the manager of the performing arts club?"

"Wow, you actually lost it," she smirked in amusement.

"Please, Seri. You have no idea how much we need a manager for the club," he pleaded.

"Good luck with that," she rolled her eyes, "Go find someone else. And don't you already have like 3 managers already?"

"That's just the club advisor. So please, Seri," he begged, "Besides there's only 7 of us in total. It's not very popular since most people don't want to join."

"No. Class is starting. Don't even think about asking me again."

"How could he be so selfish?" she thought, "He already knows how much I love tennis, and that's the only thing I want to focus on."

He sighed in defeat as he left the classroom. Somehow, Jake was going to make Seri change her mind. And his first idea was plan A.

The next day...

As Seri entered the classroom, she saw two items sitting on her desk. It was strawberry shortcake and jasmine green tea, her two favorite things. On the bottle was a small post-it note. It read:

Hope you like the strawberry shortcake and the tea! I know it's your favorite :)

- Jake
P.S. maybe you'll consider being our manager?

"Pft, now he's trying to bribe me? Nice try, Jake," she scoffed in disbelief while throwing the cake and jasmine green tea in the garbage can.

Day after day, Jake kept placing fresh strawberry shortcake and jasmine green tea on her desk. Her routine consisted of throwing the food and drink out. The days became weeks, turning into almost a month. That's when Seri couldn't take it anymore. She took the shortcake and tea, placing it into her bag, taking her crutches, heading over to the other third year's room. She stood by the doorway, giving an unamused glare at Jake as he chatted happily with his friends: one with a sharp nose and arched brows while the other one with perfect milky skin and two beauty marks. Also known as the 02z, Jay, Jake, and Sunghoon. The whole class went silent as she made her way towards him.

"Jake," she began to say, "I-"

"I see you made a great decision. You've decided to be our manager right, Seri?" Jay interrupted before letting Seri speak.

Seri turned her head to Jake as she gave him an icy glare.

"Jake, really? I've had enough of your crap," she said while throwing the cake and tea on his desk, "I already told you I have no interest in your club, okay? Out of all people, how could you be so selfish?"

Jake, Sunghoon, and Jay looked taken aback as none of them could respond. She gave him one last dirty stare and left the classroom, leaving the whole class in awkward silence.

"What have I done?" Jake thought helplessly. And that's when he resorted to his last option, Plan B.