Chapter 2

Okay quick poll, who would you guys rather me pair Courtney up with? My top two choices are either Cameron or Yolanda, though I'm leaning towards one, but I want to hear what you guys think.

After driving for hours, the mixed family finally arrived at their new home in Blue Valley and both Courtney and Mike had different reactions to it.

"This is our new house?" Mike asked.

"Sure is Mike, what do you think?" Pat asked.

"I think you must've robbed a bank to be able to afford this mansion." Mike said and Pat chuckled.

"Not quite. Well, Courtney, what do you think?" Barbara asked, only to see her daughter walk towards the car trunk without a word.

"Courtney." Pat said.

"Give her time. But at least it looks like Mike is already coming around." Barbara said.

"True. But honestly, I was kind of expecting that, since he's a bit more used to moving around, though hopefully this will be the last time." Pat said.

"Hopefully once Courtney has had some time to adjust, she'll start to adapt too." Barbara said and Pat nodded as he noticed the movers carrying a long crate marked delicate.

"Whoa, easy guys, easy. I'll take that." Pat said as he walked past Courtney to take the crate into his arms, though he didn't notice that the contents of the crate briefly glowed near Courtney, but she did.

"Uh Pat, what is that thing?" Courtney asked.

"Just an old keepsake. Why?" Pat asked.

"It looks like it's glowing." Courtney said, much to Pat's surprise as he looked down, but he didn't see anything.

"What are you talking about?" Pat asked, since the glow had died down.

"Nothing, I guess it must've been a trick of the light." Courtney said and Pat nodded, accepting that, though deep down, he was wondering if maybe she'd really seen the glow, though he hoped that she hadn't, since he did not want to think of the implications.

Courtney's attention was then turned to the large crates marked auto parts being pulled out of the truck.

That night, the four of them went out to dinner at a cute diner in town.

"Why is everyone talking to us?" Mike asked after the third person greeted them.

"It's called being friendly Mike. It's a part of living in a small town." Pat explained.

"Okay, I guess it's just going to take some getting used to, since right now, it seems kind of weird." Mike said.

"And is that a bad thing?" Pat asked his son.

"No Pat, you just gotta take the good with the weird." Mike said.

"Yeah okay, loving the enthusiasm Mike, but it's dad, not Pat." Pat said.

"Courtney calls you Pat." Mike pointed.

"Hey, don't drag me into this." Courtney said.

"Okay, enough. This is supposed to be a celebration of our new life here in Blue Valley. New beginnings. You two at your new schools, Pat at his new garage and me at my new job at the American Dream." Barb said.

"Yeah, it's gonna be a blast." Courtney said as she continued eating without another word.

I know this was a short chapter and not necessarily my best, but honestly, writing Stargirl is a new thing for me and more importantly, I don't really watch the earlier episodes of the season, I like the later ones, so for right now, a lot of this is going to be improvised. Also, I've pretty much settled on who I'm going to be pairing Courtney with, but feel free to answer anyways. I want to see how many people guess correctly.