Chapter 1

I was walking to the funeral of Nana. She was tired of living in this messed up world and I don't blame her. I put my slingshot away as I got to the door of Nana's house. I opened it and heard singing. I walked in and closed the door quietly behind me. I seen a head peak and saw the one and only Roberta Warren.

" You came" she said walking to me giving me a hug.

" yeah out of respect. She helped with a lot when you and Garnett were gone" i said.

" well I'm glad you came. I know you only talk to Garnett, I , and a few other but you stepped out of your comfort zone for this" she said walking me to Nana.

" everyone said there goodbyes we were waiting on you" warren whispered before she backed up.

I walked a little closer to nana and bend down next to her so only she can hear me.

" your lucky your getting the easy way out" i said with a small smile.

" yeah well you love surviving kiddo so keep doing so" she said then coughed. I held her hand and left when everyone else did.

I waited outside for warren. I was playing with one of my knives as I seen I was getting dirty looked from a few people out the corner of my eye. I sighed then heard a gunshot. The door opened to show the lady I've been waiting for.

" you ready to go back to camp Ace" warren asked.

" yeah I did a lot of running around today and I'm exhausted" i said yawning.

When I went to go say something else warren and I walkies went off.

" Garnett to warren and Ace, Warren and Ace come in, over" came through it.

" go for ace and I Garnett What's up" warren said back.

"I'm at the water's edge, could use a little backup" he said.

" Two minutes" she responded and started walking to the location of Garnett.

" I guess the nap will have to wait" i said catching up with her.

" so y/n have you tried talking to anyone new" warren asked using my real name since we aren't around anyone.

" No" I said sighing.

" hey it's fine I know someone that you'll click with don't worry about it too much I know your trying" warren said as we Garnett came in sight.

We walked to him and he looked at us and smiled.

" What is it?" I asked

" I guess a distress signal?" Garnett said.

" How do you want to handle it" Warren asked.

"Been watching them for a while. As far as I can tell it's just two males." Garnett told us.

"Let's see what they want. Can always turn them back around" I said shrugging my shoulders.

He sent them a signal with the flashlight "How did Nana's Eighth go?" Garnett asked.

" Very good. Good people" warren told him.

" how about you y/n did you go" he asked.

" yeah I went. it was good to talk to her one last time" I said with a sad smile.

" I know kid I know" he said.

See Garnett and Warren are like parents to me. I've been on my own since the beginning. I lost everyone I knew day one. I didn't know how to mercy them so a few of them are wondering around here. I was being chased by a few Zs when I was found by them. They trained me to be a heavy hitting killing machine. I've tried to make friends here but I'm not really the friendly type. There's one girl I tried actually talking to but made a complete fool of myself her name is Addison Car-