Ch 25 Part 2

A/N: Hey everyone! Hope you guys liked the last chapter. It was supposed to be longer, and include the revelation of one more mystery, but as I had my exam, I wasn't able to write much. However, it will be included in this chapter. Read the A/N at the end to find out when the next chapter will be out. On with the chapter! 

"Will you be my date, Granger?" Draco asked her as he looked up from the letter his mother had given to them. 

"W-what?" Hermione blinked at him. He had to be joking. "Y-you can't be serious."

Two hours earlier:

"Bloody hell." Draco groaned as he woke up. "Give me the potion, Granger!"

"Merlin, stop yelling, Draco." Hermione, who had been standing next to his bed for the past five minutes, told him. 

"Granger?" His eyes widened. "What the bloody hell are you doing in my room? And this early in the morning?"

"I didn't know ten o'clock in the morning was so early, Draco." She rolled her eyes. "And as for why I am here, I didn't find any sobering potion last night, so I got up early today to brew one, and I brought it here."

"I would have said thank you but I am not in the mood to do so." He said, rubbing his face with his hands. "Give me the potion and then I will sleep for at least an hour more. Salazar, I am so damn tired right now."

"Yeah well that happens when you work till midnight. And then go and get yourself drunk."

"Granger....." Draco sighed.

Before she could say something, she heard footsteps outside the door. "We will talk about this later." And a moment later, the littlest Malfoy entered her father's room. 

"Dad!" Athy shouted and ran towards him. "Missed you, Dad!" She grinned as he picked her up in his arms.

Despite the fact that he was happy to see her, he couldn't help but flinch when she shouted. His head was already hurting so much because of getting hungover.

And Hermione, that evil witch was smirking while standing in front of him. She wasn't even giving him the potion, nor was telling Athy not to shout.

He wondered what wrong thing he did to have Hermione as his best friend.

And people thought he had a crush on her. They were really delusional.

"Good morning, my princess." Draco smiled at his daughter and kissed her forehead. "You have no idea how much I missed you, my love. And I am so sorry I came back late yesterday."

Even though Athy didn't completely understand what he had said, she patted his cheek as if to say, "It's okay."

"Now princess, have you taken a bath yet?"

She shook her head. "Don't wanna bath."

"Athy....." Draco groaned. But it wasn't anything new, she protested against taking a bath every single day. "You know that you have to take a bath, love."

"Noooo!" She squirmed in his embrace. "It's yucky."

Draco blinked at her, and then looked at Hermione. "How is taking a bath yucky?"

"Don't ask me." She held up her hands, and finally gave him the potion. "She takes after you in that area. Narcissa told me you didn't like taking a bath as a kid either."

"And pray tell me, why were you discussing my habits as a kid with my dear mother?" He asked, after drinking the potion, and instantly felt a lot better.

"Oh you know, nothing special." Hermione waved her hand at him. "We were just talking, and then suddenly we started conversing about you. And you know how much Narcissa loves telling me about your stories."