Ch 5

A/N: Okay, so firstly, thank you so much for 200+ views!! It means a lot. Hope you guys liked the last chapter. Read the A/N at the end to find out when the next chapter will be out. On with the chapter! 

Also, I know I didn't reveal what was in Hermione's file in the last chapter, and I am sorry for that. But as I said, it will be revealed soon, along with what Draco did. Till then, you can try guessing them. 

 1 week later...

Draco noticed that Hermione had started avoiding him.

Well, more specifically, he finally realized that she was avoiding him, but for the life of him, he couldn't understand why.

Now that he thought about it, she hadn't talked to him properly ever since they came back to England from Australia. Whenever he would try to talk to her, she would quickly come up with an excuse and walk away from him. 

He even tried asking her to have dinner with him and Astoria in his house, but that only made her avoid him even more. 

Draco thought that she was just busy with a case, and as soon as she finished it, she would talk to him. Or maybe they would have lunch together.

It was finally today that he realized she was avoiding him when Harry told him that Hermione was not working on any case, rather she was helping him in an interrogation, which only required her to work for three hours.

He just couldn't understand why she was avoiding him.

Did he do something wrong?

Draco shook his head. He never did anything wrong. He was always right.

Okay, well maybe he wasn't always right. And he did a lot of wrong things, but he couldn't recall anything wrong he had done in the past week or so that would make her avoid him.

The last time he had done something wrong that would have affected Hermione was five years ago.

On 28th April 1999.

He sighed. He had promised himself that he would never think about that day again, but somehow, he would find a way to break that promise every time.

Just like Hermione broke the promise she had made five years ago.

Look who is saying, His inner voice said. You broke your promise too, didn't you?

"Shut up." Draco muttered.

You won't forgive her for breaking her promise, but what about you? What about the promise you broke five years ago? It said.

"I said shut up." He grumbled. 

She will never forgive you for doing that. She will hate you. And you know that you deserve it. But you deserve worse than that. Oh, and you did much more than that, didn't you? What about the day when you- 

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" He screamed and threw his mobile at the wall. "WHATEVER I DID WAS FOR THE BEST." Draco clutched his head in his hands and mumbled, "I had to do it. For her." 

"You okay, Draco?" 

He removed his hands, and looked up to see Harry standing near the door. "Are you alright? Draco?" 

He nodded. "Why do you ask?" 

Harry stepped further into his office, and sat down on the chair in front of his desk. "I heard someone shouting and then something hitting the wall as well." 

"I am fine. I was just... Frustrated, I guess, because of something. And I threw my felly tone at the wall." Draco told him. 

"Why would you do that?" Harry asked him. "Those aren't meant to be thrown at the wall. Oh, and the by the way, they are not called felly tones."