Chapter 2: Rough starts

- BEEP BEEP BEEP-

I could hear the traffic in the distance and the birds chirping...

"OH SHIT I OVERSLEPT!!" I shrieked

I looked at my phone.

" Shit I set my alarm one hour too late, I only have 20 minutes to get dressed." I nervously panicked

I took a quick shower and put on a red plaid mini-skirt and a white sweatshirt.

When I got to the kitchen Tess was eating a bagel.

" Damn I thought you had already left, I pinned you down as an early bird," Tess said

"I usually am but as it turns out, my alarm needs to be more alarming," I said, gathering my things

Tess giggled while handing me a bagel. 2 minutes later we were on our way to school.

-

As soon as we entered the building, all eyes were on us. Some girls were whispering and gossiping and others were just staring. Some guys were playfully sending flirty signals and others were also just looking. I couldn't stand being under the microscope like this. Was Tess a celebrity and I just failed to realize that?

"I think they are staring at you," Tess whispered

" Huh?" I said. What was going on? Was it my hair?

Then a gorgeous blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl stopped us.

"What are you still doing here? Weren't you leaving?" She said, crossing her arms.

Tess looked uncomfortable.

" Actually Jessica, I'm finishing high school here.." Tess muttered, picking on her fingers.

"So I'm going to have to see your ugly ass face here every day?" Jessica asked, annoyed

Ok, I have had it. She wasn't going to talk to my friend that way.

" And who the HELL do you think you are?" I shot at her

They both stared at me in disbelief.

" I am Jessica Wilson. And thanks to YOU, your worst NIGHTMARE" Jessica said, giving me the death stare.

" Really, because it seems to me that your just a bitch-" I insulted

" I'm going to do you a favor and stop you right there before you have a REAL problem" Jessica interrupted me.

" Watch your back. I mean it." Jessica threatened

" Why don't you watch it and while you're at it, you can kiss my ass," I replied

Jessica looked like she was going to pop a vein and Tess was maintaining her laughter. Without saying anything else, Jessica flipped her hair and walked back to her group of friends. I could see her whispering about me to one of her friends. I didn't care though.

"Damn! I didn't know you had that in you." Tess said, surprised

" I've always been told that if you show fear, they will come for you," I told her

" Anyway, I think we should go shopping this weekend.." Tess suggested

I zoned out for a second when I saw Jaden. He was wearing a casual white button-down shirt ( even though the top 3 buttons were unbuttoned which showed a glimpse of his thin chain necklace, chest muscles, and tattoos) He was also wearing black ripped jeans with a chain clipped to his belt. I hated to admit that he was a very attractive man. He came in with a blonde, curly-haired guy but soon enough a group of girls surrounded them. " I missed you Jaden" "Do you like my hair" "you're so funny" " Marry me right now" - Ok so maybe they didn't say that last thing, but they were all thinking about it.