Chapter 12: Revelations

I rushed to the campus field as fast as I could, as I ran closer to our stand I saw Tess giving a brownie (now an edible) to a tall figure... Jaden!

He gave the money to Tess as I sprinted to him. He was raising the edible to his mouth when I tackled the brownie away from him. Doing so, I fell to the ground, bringing Jaden with me. I fell on top of Jaden ( him unfortunately softening my fall). Then reality hit me, I was literally ON TOP of Jaden. I scurried away from him, groaning as I stretched my back. He groaned as he sat up.

" Why did you do that for?" Tess shrieked, running over to me.

" We need to toss all those brownies out!" I said, slowly getting up from my fall. " Did you sell them to anyone else?"

" No, Jaden was the first to stop by."

" Oh thank god!" I sighed in relieve.

" Am I missing something?" she asked, confused.

Jaden stood up also confused and sore.

" We need to get rid of these edibles." I said, a little bit loud than expected. This triggered Jaden to cover my mouth with his hand. My body shivered at his unexpected touch.

" Did you just say edible?" He whispered, eyes wide.

I removed his hand from my face and nodded.

" You put drugs in these?" Tess whispered, pointing to the brownies.

" I didn't" I said, throwing my hands up in surrender. " I think Alba did."

Tess made a weird face, leading me to believe she didn't believe me.

" Remember when your dress got ruined, so you called me to help you?" I asked, as she nodded. " Well I left the brownie batter on the kitchen counter unattended. When we barged into lab's room she was hiding something under her bed, that might've been the drugs. I mean who else could've done this?"

Tess still didn't look convinced.

" So, how do you know they are edibles?" She said, crossing her arms.

" Well, if you need proof, Dan and Hugus are both high at this moment" I said, as Jaden and Tess took their time processing the information I had just fed them.

" Which is why we need to work fast." I ordered Tess as she nodded in agreement.

I took the brownie trays and swiftly tossed them in the bin while Tess cleaned up any crumbs.

Jaden crossed his arms and looked amused.

" You feel like helping?" I asked, sarcastically.

" I'm good." He said, " Just enjoying the view.."

I scoffed at him as I then realized Dan and Hugus were also unattended.

" Tess, I'll go check on Dan and Hugus while you put the stand away, sound good?" I suggested.

" See you in the car in 15"

-

The day was a complete disaster but thankfully it was almost over with. When we came home, we checked under Alba's bed to check if my theory was right. As soon as we found the little bag, we flushed it down the toilet. I couldn't believe Jessica would go to such lengths just to get back at me for having assigned seats with " her man ". I mean, what would've happened if someone ate one too many brownies and had ended up in the hospital?

Tess and I were watching a movie while the two boys were passed out on the couch. The sun had already set and there was still no sign of Alba.

" Oh, I'm going to kick her ass so hard." Tess grumbled.