Chapter 13 - Plan A

It was almost a week later when I was finally given my chance to escape. The Winter's snow had finally arrived and some had even came through my window. Throughout the day I lost myself in watching the snowflakes whimsically fall to the earth only to be thrown through the air by wolves in a game I hadn't seen in a long time.

Of course I didn't even see the game then, the window was only tall enough for me to see the sky and the tips of the trees, but I heard the whiz of the snowballs and the squeals that came after they had hit their target.

The sun had set when I was given a chance to escape.

The squeals of delight had turned into wails of horror that were loud enough to drown out the sound of the silver door being torn off its hinges.

Smoke had usurped snow in the night sky and a scorching orange hue radiated from below it.
I could hear the shouts of men and women and the sound of canines tearing through flesh. A part of me thought of Markus, but this didn't seem like him.

He wasn't the type to destroy a pack under the cover of darkness. And it didn't smell of him either. The foreign wolves that I smelt from my cell were nothing like Markus's wolves.
It seemed Markus wasn't the only alpha Zayn was up against.

I charged down the door more easily than I expected. I had certainly grown stronger these past few weeks.

My shoulder throbbed slightly as I ran through the cement corridor to the exit, but I knew I wouldn't get another chance like this.

One goal... one plan.

Get out.

The second door was so rusted I barely had to shove it until crashed down in front of me. My eyes couldn't help but widen as I saw what was happening.

Flames erupted from the grassland and surrounding trees causing smoke to haze the midnight air so intensely the moon was blocked from me view. My eyes watered as the smoke wafted over me and covered my already filthy fur.

Everywhere I looked, werewolves in human and mutt form tore each other to shreds, oblivious to my escape. Blood coated the air as thickly as the smoke I almost felt bad. Almost.
Before anyone had the chance to stop me, I sprinted to what looked like the least populated part of the forest. I almost roared as the familiar feeling of the dry earth hug my paws as they flew over it.

The smoke laced wind kissed my fur and made old wound sting in a way only freedom could do.

I was less than a metre out from the forest before a scream echoed through my brain and pierced through my heart.

Cursing myself for stopping, I froze and whipped my head around to see hair that matched the flames scamper through the chaos, a protective shadow leading her way. I looked back towards the burning trees that would lead to my freedom. There was still a hint of melting snow scattered over the parts that hadn't yet been destroyed by the flames.

I forced my heart to harden.

As if bound by chains, I was pulled back towards the open scenery that welcomed the huge house that was somehow not on fire, until the chains forced my legs to sprint towards the fire breathing hair.

Fine... new plan.

Okay so... I know this was a short chapter and I haven't updated in ages.  I'm in my final year of high school so things are kinda stressful so I may not update that much.
But...
here comes the fun stuff. Trust me.

-T