Chapter 15.

Hiccup sighed, pacing back and forth in his room. He couldn't think properly and old emotions came back up to the surface. But. He could have these feelings. Everything he felt for Astrid rose up once again; her shining, blond hair, her sapphire blue eyes, her fierce personality... he loved every bit of her. But he was already dating someone, a village girl named Odette. He still liked her though her father wanted him gone. He couldn't choose—the blonde, blue-eyed maiden or the light-haired, blue-eyed girl? He loved Astrid, even if she might not return his feelings, but he liked Odette. Maybe the girl with light-brown hair and azure eyes was just his filler for his crush. Or maybe he got so used to admiring Astrid everyday that it was just a habit.

*knock* "Hey, Hiccy?" asked a light voice.

"Yeah?" answered Hiccup. "Who's there?"

"Me, silly," giggled the voice. Someone opened the door and Hiccup saw Odette standing there. "Are you coming to our daily flight with Toothless?"

"No," sighed Hiccup.

"Oh... well I'm going with Toothless," said Odette. She walked towards Toothless and he growled at her. He didn't really like her and it was obvious to everyone except her.

"Here Toothless, Toothless. Here Toothless, Toothless," she cooed. He backed away from as she stepped closer and bounded away.

She was about to chase after him, but she was stopped by Hiccup.

"Stop. Just leave him alone."

Odette crossed her arms and pouted. "He loves me! Everyone does!"

Hiccup sighed and rubbed his temples. "I need time to think. Please leave," he said calmly.

Odette looked at Hiccup. "Are you okay? Do you need me to get anything for you? You know what? I'm gonna stay here. Having me around will make you feel better."

Hiccup took a deep breath. "Odette, I want to be alone. Can you please leave?"

Odette narrowed her eyes at Hiccup and left the room, closing the door behind her.

Hiccup flopped onto his bed. He crawled over to his pillow and fell asleep.

- - - - - -

"Hiccy! Hiccy!"

Hiccup slowly opened his eyes and groaned. He rubbed his eyes and sat up.

"Hiccy!"

Hiccup walked over to the door and open it.

"Hiccy!" Odette hugged Hiccup tightly. "I want my own dragon!" she said.

Hiccup groaned. "We've been through this before. I've spent months searching for a dragon that would fit you. Nothing does!"

"Not every dragon. He haven't tried Toothless," replied Odette.

Hiccup gaped at his girlfriend. "Toothless is my dragon. We have our own bond. You can't break a 7 year bond!"

Odette pouted. "But he loves me. If you aren't going to give him to me, then I'm going to do it myself."

This ticked Hiccup off. "YOU CAN'T DO THAT! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?! HE DOESN'T LIKE YOU! ME AND TOOTHLESS SHARE A BOND THAT YOU CAN'T BREAK! CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING?!"

Odette glared at Hiccup. "I'm getting a dragon to please my father. Just watch."