Chapter 7.

"Oh shoot," muttered Hiccup. He got tied up and then a mace was swung in his direction. He bent backwards to dodge the mace and used his shoulder to disarm the Berkian with the mace, making the mace fly across the small area of forest in front of them and soar into the village. He and the crowd that gathers around him watched the mace start to fall and land, smashing the roof of a house. One that was on top of a hill, overlooking the rest of Berk.

"That's my house!" the biggest captor yelled.

"Knock him out!"

So the Berkians tried. Using more maces, using axes, using large rocks, even using frying pans! Nothing worked. He could easily just dodge them. None of the Vikings wanted to admit it, but they were getting tired. The largest viking eventually got tired of watching the rest of the vikings trying to knock him out he ordered 'Astrid' to 'do it'. Wait a minute. He knew who Astrid was. But he didn't know what 'it' was. Hiccup found out what 'it' was, but he had a suspicion. A flying ax came straight at him with much force, but it wasn't good enough. He dodged it but it cut his ropes slightly, but enough to get him out. The vikings didn't notice though. They were to shocked, their mouths open wide.

"No way," said a blonde girl, shoving her way to the front. Ah. Astrid. His childhood crush. Childhood.

"Enough!" yelled the large  viking, "I will kill him!"

Okay, that was enough for Hiccup.
"Hey, vikings! I know you're big and 'strong' and stuff but let me out! It's not gonna work!"  Hiccup yelled, exasperated. I'll give you an easier way-"

He was interrupting by a yell.

"KILL HIS DRAGON!!" came a voice from the crowd, that started a chant: "Kill It! Kill It! Kill It! Kill It! Kill It! Kill It!"

The rest of the Berkians began to join the chant. "Kill it! Kill it! Kill it! Kill it!"

Astrid—the blond girl, spoke up. "I'll do it!"

"Kill It! Kill It! Kill It! Kill It! Kill It! Kill It!" chanted the crowd.

This ended Hiccup's calm. He could sit through various(horrible) attempts to kill him, but not his dragons and definitely not Toothless. He broke his ropes and got up, silencing the crowd.

"You wanna kill the dragon, you'll have to go through me."