The Lost Veracity

Tobegin with, we have to understand Brazil's circumstance in the sense that wemust comprehend Brazil's state as a nation, to come to a valid conclusion,which may be to consider Brazil as a developing country. Brazil is the fifthlargest country on the planet, with a total area of more than three millionsquare miles (3.2 million). Yet, ever since the Portuguese settled here roughlyaround 500 years ago (or exactly 520 years ago), an unprecedented number of itsresidents have struggled for a place to live. Today the dimensions of Brazil'shousing paucity have reached alarming levels. One-third of Brazil's familiesare either homeless or live in necessitous-quality houses (Local telephone andelectricity companies frequently refuse to install phones or cables in the slums/favelabecause they are considered areas of risk or prospects of peril). At the sametime, a burgeoning industrial sector and the effects of globalization/urbanizationhave pushed the price of land to exorbitant levels, and this must be accountedfor when realizing whether Brazil isn't as developed as we think. With a grossdomestic product of $1.87 trillion, Brazil is the world's ninth-largest economyand is considered the most substantial economy in Latin America. Until 2012,Brazil had been one of the world's fastest-growing and most constant economies.However, Brazil's economy has since been weighed down by multiple issues andaffairs, which would most likely be related to the, which resulted in a declining growth rate. In fact, Brazil entered recession in 2014 before beginning a modest recovery. In addition to the above mentioned required improvements in the country's physical infrastructure, sustained growth needs a continued rising stock of human capital. Unfortunately, in the case of Brazil, the existence, growth and improvement of human capital needs to be substantially strengthened in order to achieve high rates of growth. Perhaps the most fundamental problem centers on the education system. Here, according to many measures — illiteracy, school attendance, investment, school performance, and graduation — Brazil lags behind its East Asian newly industrialized emerging economy counterparts. According to a 2010 report by UNESCO, Brazil has the highest rate of primary school students repeating years in Latin America (18.7%) and has one of the highest dropout rates in the region. Unfortunately poverty can lead to (even more) poverty. Truncated investment in key areas such as infrastructure (roads, rail, and telecommunication etc.), education and healthcare can be substandard for a population. Populations in countries at substandard levels of development can become more vulnerable to ill health (as we have seen with HIV and AIDs in sub-Saharan Africa) which diminishes the productivity of the workforce. Furthermore, a lack of education leads to a stunted quality workforce, and penurious road networks are not attractive to external investors. Simple things like these can exacerbate (make worse) poverty, and keep countries mired in a low level of development, and as you can now come to comprehend, Brazil relates immensely to what is stated above leading it to having more areas that are becoming even more developed than others. Brazil is shown to have varying levels of development. The more dominant areas are located in the South of Brazil, containing the more developed areas; São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, and they are seen as the more dominant area due to their fertile soils which has allowed farming it also has exploited from business investment in the area leading to adequate access to ports for trading. The impoverished areas of Brazil are located in the north and north east of the country, this means that that they have become substandard due to them being an extended distance away from the dominant areas furthermore, they usually suffer from a wet and tropical climate in the north, and semi-arid in the north east meaning they lack the more fertile soil found in dominant areas, this also links to yet another necessity impoverished areas are deprived of which is access to ports and trading links that have become exceedingly burdensome and strenuous. This then leads to us to come to an understanding which is that Brazil cannot be classified as an emerging country.

 This then leads to us to come to an understanding which is that Brazil cannot be classified as an emerging country