IV

Azriel bristled as Jurian's sword remained pointed at the pretty blonde by his side, the other Illyrian's back straightened along with his wings as his shoulders broadened taking on a defensive stance. Shaera shifted her weight off the throne ready to drag the resurrected half-wit back to wherever he crawled out from, Yet before the commander could do anything rash, the Archeron's voice cut through the growing tensions in the throne room

"I'll come with you-" Shaera pulled her eyes from her rogue subordinate and let them rest upon the fae girl who stared at the high lord of the spring court and Lucien

"-I'll come with you... if you leave them alone. Just let them go" to put things lightly, everything went to shit. Tamlin went into a rage at his lost lover, who ultimately was able to break from the cauldron's power suppression and winnow away from the lunatic of a man and back into the arms of her mate who swung an extremely strong strike at Tamlin's face. Shaera was confused, how on earth did she break its hold... her brow furrowed as she stared at the girl latched onto her mate. Shae shifted about on the spot, one minute slack leaning against the throne the next her weight changing to her right leg ready to intervene in the dramatic lover's spat. Tamlin's face was now blooded as he stumbled back to Lucien his heaved breath the only sound echoing around the room. Shae stared at the fae whose face was slacked, blood trickling down from his nose and past his lip, the red droplet hitting the stone floor. Time slowed. Then Shaera felt it... the mating bond, Feyre and Rhysands, stronger this time... Tamlin. The dark-eyed woman snapped her gaze to the bleeding Lord whose face had morphed from betrayal to pure white-hot rage. He snapped his head towards the couple.

Shaera felt her heart drop in her chest, she kicked off the throne and surged towards the high lord of the spring court hastily grabbing onto his bicep her nails digging into his flesh slightly 

"Don't" she breathed, staring up at Tamlin, whose rage-filled gaze flickered down to meet hers he went to pull his arm from her grasp until the king's laugh ripped through the tense silence that had encased the room. 

"I don't believe it. Your bride left you only to find her mate. The mother has a warped send of humour, it seems." The king continued to grin he alternated his gaze between Tamlin and Shaera to Feyre and Rhysand. 

"And what talent—tell me girl: how did you unravel that spell?" Shaera loosened her grip on Tamlin's arm waiting intently for an explanation, some form of hint, anything... but it never came Feyre's knees weakened as she stared at Tamlin her lip trembled 

"I'm sorry" she whispered her eyes watery. Shaera felt Tamlin's muscle tense under her slacked grip,

"You!-" The lord snarled and tore his arm from the commander's grip his face more animal than far

"-What did you do to her!The hair on the back of Shaera's neck stood on end her head filling with violent whispers, the stench of death wafted from the hall doors. Her eyes widened her instincts as a commander kicking in as she moved forward and stood in front of Tamlin who snarled at her

"Go back to Lucien now" her face slack and emotionless as though she was carved from stone her tone cold and commanding. Tamlin stared down at the woman he'd grown used to sharing his bed, this was not the woman he knew for those weeks. As if on queue the grand hall doors flew open, Shaera snapped her head around shoving Tamlin towards Lucien who had found a very comfortable spot by a pillar, it seemed as though he was trying his best to melt into the very walls. Soldiers poured into the room, some looking like the Attor Shaera was used to commanding and others looked more disfigured, uglier, angrier. She frowned, those were not her soldiers. The clanging of their armour, the chiming of their weapons and the maliciousness of their thoughts were sending Shaera's head spiralling she clenched her eyes closed for a moment in an attempt to dispel the voices.