chapter five

You didn't live forever, because that wasn't possible. You married your statue, adopted baby Maoi statues, and grew old with your Stone spouse. But your time together was short in comparison to how long Stone had lived. He knew that this had to come to an end, but he didn't realize the end would come so soon. So when you died, he was torn. He didn't want to live without you. He couldn't. But he had to, because he couldn't find a way to kill himself. He tried to cut off his head, but he couldn't. Stone tried everything he could to end his life so he could be with you in the after life, but nothing worked. So, he raised your kids. They all grew up to be fine specimens. After they all left, he was alone again. Sure, he had all of the people in the village, but it wasn't the same. Your decorations still hung on the walls of your home, your suitcase from the night you ran away here was still in the closet. Your clothes, food, and everything else you owned was still in that house hundreds of years later. And so was Stone. Thinking about you. Your life together. What you guys had. What he had lost. There would never be another like you. No one else would satisfy his urge and need to love like you did. He is still missing you hundreds and thousands of years in the future. Remembering that you, once upon a time, made him the happiest statue to ever roam this Earth.