Magical beasts

The first day of classes had begun for the students and Addi made her way down to the hospital wing to speak to Madame Pomfrey. She was shown where everything was and Madame Pomfrey discussed some of their more frequent flyers, they also discussed how everything would work between them.

"So we will mostly just be working every day together, although if you wouldn't mind I think maybe switching weeks would be great for nights. I can't tell you how many times I've been awoken in the middle of the night to help and it would be nice if sometimes they could go to you as well" she spoke with a sigh, Pomfrey had worked hogwarts alone for some time and Addi imagined she had a hard time asking for help but maybe now that she was here she'd use the help so she could have a break.

"I know you use to come down here and help out a lot when you were in school, nothing has really changed since then just new kids"

Addilyn remembered her time with Madame Pomfrey when she was in school, she was ecstatic when she offered to let her tag along with her. Mcgonagall had caught Addi after class and asked her if she knew what her plans were after she graduated, and she knew she always wanted to help people. Her mom was a muggle nurse and always came home so excited when she had a new case where she helped someone and Addi had always wanted that feeling. Once Mcgonagall found that out she made arrangements with Pomfrey and Addi started spending all her free time in the hospital wing.

     She was almost always allowed to be in the hospital except maybe one or two days a month, randomly Addi would need to be out the wing by sundown and couldn't come back until late in the next day. She imagined maybe one of the other teachers was having issues or just maybe a special case for Dumbledore she wasn't allowed to know about while she was young. Just as Addi had finished taking inventory of her work station a very worried Hagrid came barreling in with what seemed to be a very terrible accident by the sounds the child was making.

      "Oh help please, it hurts so bad..." The blonde boy screamed as Hagrid set him down, from the color of his hair and the shrieking his voice made when he talked about telling his father all about what happened she assumed it had to be a malfoy. Just as she got to his bedside another two girls came in crying hysterically.

     "I'll handle malfoy Miss Grey, the emotional two over there are all you...." Pomfrey said as she assessed the wounds in front of her.

     "Girls, now girls..." Addi tried to cut in as they started crying harder "someone talk to me, are you hurt?"

      Just then the door came open and in walked Lupin

        "Ladies I'm truly sorry, just a boggart is all nothing to be frightful over" he sounded exhausted.

        Addi sat down next to the girls and grabbed one of their hands "Boggarts you say? Nasty things aren't they, when we learned this spell back when I was in school everyone laughed at me for weeks because of my fear"  she didn't miss the fact that Lupin hadn't left yet

        "Butterflies I tell you, nasty little buggars"

      The girl that was crying the hardest let out a small laugh "butterflies? Who's afraid of those? They're so pretty!"

       "Yes pretty evil" and when Addi got a huge chuckle out of both girls and even a smile out of Lupin she figured she may have made the girls day.

     "Are we alright now ladies? Yes, nothing a good story and some chocolate"

      "now run along. I might even write a note to let you out of your next class if you promise you'll be okay"

     As the girls took off out of the room and waved goodbye with muttered thank you's she turned around just in time to see him move back to his place

     "Now Remus Lupin you aren't taking chocolate out of my stash for the sad girls now are you?" If only one thing had changed since she was a school girl Addi was much more brave when it came to Remus.

     The blush that crept up his neck was visible to her across the room "making sure it isn't poisoned, you know these are scary times here at hogwarts" the deep chuckle he let out was enough to make Addilyn blush as well and Remus definitely caught onto it. With a step forward he inquired slowly

     "Do I make you nervous Miss Grey? Or are you this shade of red with all the professors? Lupin said with a quick wink as he walked passed.

       "Always a pleasure Lupin" she said as he walked out assuming he wouldn't hear her.

      "Yes always, Addilyn"

    She's not sure if she's ever heard him say her full name before but she'd pay any amount of galleons to hear him say it every night before bed.

      "ADDILYNN" she thought to herself, and now she's realizing that her school girl crush may feel a little different as an adult. She almost got away with all of her day dreaming of Remus when a shrill cry was heard from across the room.

  "IM DYING"

   "MR MALFOY YOU ARE FINE"