chapter 7

Sunghoon sat in the corner behind the counter as Yeona wandered the store looking at everything.

"Am I allowed to eat this?"
"No, Yeona you can't eat the food." Yeonas shoulders dropped her shoulders disappointed.

"This is so boring why are there no customers..." Yeona walked back to behind the counter where Sunghoon was studying.
"Whatchya doooing?" Yeona asked curiously extending the "o" sound.
"Studying." Sunghoon said bluntly.

"Wait, do you go to my school?" Yeona asked, she had noticed he had the same school uniform under his work attire.
"I've never seen you at my school.." Sunghoon looked at Yeonas uniform also surprised they went to the same school.

"We probably just have different classes." Then the bell to the door rang indicating someone had entered the store.

"Ooh ooh customer!!" Yeona stood up excited as the 3 teenagers walked through the store. Sunghoon stood with her.

"You know what to do?" Sunghoon asked.

"Scan the items put them in a bag and then.." She looked at Sunghoon not remembering the 3rd instruction.
"...smile."

"Right, right smile." Soon the 3 girls came up. Yeona watched as they pushed the girl in the middle who held all the snacks and drinks.
Even a toddler could tell that they were taking advantage of her.

"Soomin doesn't mind paying for all this, right?" The girl on the left roughly shoved this Soomin girl, she stumbled and almost fell to the floor. She then placed 20+ snacks on the table.
"Come on servant, get your wallet out. You're basically made of money hurry and pay."

Yeona looked at the girls with a disgusted face as they pushed the Soomin girl in front of the counter.

"What the...lady what's your problem." One of the girls crossed her arms attempting to look tough even though they were just measly kids to Yeona. Yeona scoffed at her attempt as she started scanning the items.

"I don't know Sunghoon, don't you agree that it's kinda pathetic to make others pay for your food." Yeona spoke to Sunghoon purposely so that the girls would hear. Sunghoon looked at her with wide eyes.

"Hey lady, it's none of your business so stay out of it, crazy bitch..."

"What are you poor or something? Making others pay for your food, pay for it yourself next time. $107.25" Yeona said as the girls opened their mouth offended.

"Poor- What's your name, i'm telling your manager."
"Yeona just apologize-"

"Nam Yeona, nice to meet you." Yeona straightforwardly held out her hand for a handshake as the girls looked at her shocked and speechless.

"Hurry and pay Soomin, I don't wanna keep looking at this witch's face..." Soomin took out her credit card giving it to Yeona. As they walked out, Yeona smugly winked and smiled at the girls waving them away.

"I hate kids like them..."

"NAM YEONA!" Yeona jumped at the sudden yell.
"What??! Why you yelling damn.."

"Yeona. Why would you, ah why would you say that to customers?!" Sunghoon raised his voice at her.

"What's so wrong? Someone has to put those girls in their place." Yeona shrugged him off.

"No but Yeona, you can't just speak to customers like that EVEN if they're being a piece of shit."

"Someone had to say it." Yeona put her hands up and shrugged leaving Sunghoon speechless. Sunghoon shook his head as he went back to study.
Yeona stood besides him watching him study.

"Yeona, you could get fired you know?"
"Yea but-
"Yeona if you wanna work here you should learn how to control your anger." Sunghoon said without making eye contact.

"Alright, alright alright I won't do it again."
The rest of the shift was pretty boring, only maybe 5-6 customers came, just enough for Yeona to fully get the hang of it.

Yeonas shift ended so once the night worker came, she left with Sunghoon.

"Ok i'm gonna to first, thank you Sunghoon! See you tomorrow!" Yeona starts walking off until Sunghoon called.

"Wait, you're not gonna take a bus or anything?"

"No my house is just down this way, not that far, i'll be fine!" Yeona waved goodbye to him as she walked back to her home.
Yeona finally arrived home throwing all her stuff on the floor and flopping on her bed.

"Finally home!" Yeona stretched her body in the comfort of her bed almost falling asleep. She thought about day and smiled to herself.

Karina, Sunghoon... are they my friends now?

Yeona smiled realizing that going to school and getting a part time kinda paid off.

Karina flopped on the couch, a remote in one hand and a spoon in the other.
She switched through the channels as most of them  failed to catch her interest.

She sighed out of boredom before settling on a sea animals documentary.

Karina watched the documentary attentively as she took small bites of her meal, which was a simple stew and rice. While watching the documentary, her doorbell rings.

She quickly placed her spoon down before getting up to answer the door.
"Hi Ningning!" Karina smiled brightly when she saw Ningning standing outside the door.

"Hello!! What are you doing?" Ningning shifted slightly to take a peek inside her home.

"Nothing just watching TV. Why are you here?" Karina asked.

"Silly, did you forget about the project? I came here to work on it with you." Karina nodded slowly remembering the presentation they needed done by next week. She invited Ningning in as they settled at the couch.
They worked on their project occasionally getting distracted by the TV or their phones.

"Ah right, that girl Yeona, you said she's your neighbor right?" Ningning asked.

"Yea she lives right there." Karina pointed at the wall right besides Yeonas home.

"Karina has she said anything strange to you? Or done anything weird?" Karinas eyebrows contracted at she looked at Ningning with a puzzled expression.
"No not that I would know of. She just smokes and that's kinda it. Why do you ask?"

"Well, she has the tattoo of a mafia, the mafia that..." Ningning paused remembering her traumatic experience of being kidnapped by EXO. Her eyes watered slightly worrying Karina.

"Woah what's wrong? Did something happen?" Karina looked at Ningning concerned as she was on the verge of tears.

"It's the mafia that well, kidnapped me. She has their tattoo." Karina softens as she pulls Ningning into a comforting hug calming her down.

She felt confused. She had known about the whole situation with EXO and NCT and what Ningning had to go through, as well as Daiyus experience.

She wasn't sure what to think of Yeona now. How could she be friends with someone who hurt her best friends?