Chapter Three: A bleeding wound

The instant Corpse opened his eyes, he knew today wasn't going to be a good day. He had fallen asleep 2 hours ago and only then because he felt sykkuno would have wanted him to get some sleep. Now he thought he might as well not have bothered. His whole left arm was numb and throbbing like the worse case of pins and needles ever, a headache was pulsing behind both his eyes and he felt anxiety rising like a lump in his throat.

He glanced at the clock he kept next to his bed. 9.30. Okay. That left him almost four hours to get himself together enough to go.

Could he just cancel? No, he had been waiting for this appointment for a while. This particular doctor had more experience with GERD cases than anyone this side of the US. The doctors appointments were like fairydust to get ahold of. Only reason he could get one in the first place is his regular doctor was friends with this doctor.

Corpse let of a big sigh as he glared down at his body. Work why don't you?!

He could do this right? Right?!

A few hours later....

He couldn't do this.

He sat in his car outside the doctors office. A mask on his face and a pair of thick sunglasses with his eyepatch underneath covering the right one. He was, true to brand, in an all black outfit with his chains and rings on. It may sound strange but it was like his armour at this point, and always made him feel more safe in times like these.

He was at least half an hour early, anxiety plus fear of being late prompted him to race to his car almost an hour before the appointment time, only to realise just how early, and went back inside for another 25 minutes. The doctor was only 5-10 minutes away. Bit of an overkill. Now he just had to sit there and wait.

He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel, the ring on his fingers making a clinking sound as he did. The bag of acid in his stomach, which didn't want to stay there at the best of time, was threatening to rise. He could almost taste in at the back of his tongue. He needed one thing to distract him.

He turned on the stereo and linked his phone up to it. Music had always helped in the past at least a little. He turned the volume up and let it wash over him.

Shit, that wasn't helping. If anything, the bass was vibrating through him and making him feel more sick and anxious.

He quickly turned it off.

He felt his chest become tighter and feeling of dread rise. Oh no. This isn't good.

His phone buzzed from its place on the passenger seat. It was sykkuno.

Sykkuno: hi, good morning, well, afternoon now I guess haha. How are you? Did the doctors go okay? Only just woken up.

Corpse felt something in his chest loosen. It was like a spring had untightened. It still amazed him this one man could have such an effect on him. He felt touched that Sykkuno's first thought after waking up was him of all people.

He thought for a minute what to write. Words could sometimes be so hard.

Corpse: hi good afternoon ^_^. Glad you slept well. Any sweet dreams of me? ;) Haven't seen the doctor yet, in the car now waiting for the appointment. Got about 20 minutes to kill.

Sykkuno: ah well did you want to talk while you wait? It's fine if you don't, just say the word and I'll leave you be.

Corpse: no, no, no! Please let's talk for a bit, I could do with a distraction to be honest and you are the best kind.

Sykkuno: awww that cute, I'm sure you say that to all your friends. Sure let's talk. What did you want to talk about?

Corpse sighed in exasperation. Didn't he see he was special? Knowing Sykkuno, definitely not!

He tried to typing a message out, but his hands were shaking pretty badly.

Corpse: ....would it be okay if I called instead. Finger aren't cooperating at all.

Sykkuno: Sure. One sec.

Corpse's phone rang. His fingers fumbled for the accept button, almost dropping it in the process. He managed to hit it.

'He-hello'.

'Hi Corpse', Sykkuno muttered still half asleep. His usually smooth sounding voice was a little rough sounding and to Corpse's ear pretty sexy.

'How did you sleep?', Corpse said, still a little dumbfounded on how Sykkuno sounded.

' Ah fine fine,' he yawned,'to be honest I'm not out of bed yet.'

Oh god, Corpse thought. Come on brain out of the gutter.

'What about you?' Sykkuno said yawning and clearing his throat. There was a rustle, like sheets being moved.

Corpse clearing his throat but not his mind, 'Oh I did okay, got a couple of hours,' being at least truthfully. Luckily for him, Sykkuno seemed to think he was downplaying things.

'Oh good. Good,' he said brightly sounding a bit clearer now, obviously more awake.

' So tell me about what you've been working on...'

Conversation carried on smoothly between them as it usually did. Minutes and minutes went by and even corpse was surprised when Sykkuno asked.

'Ah when did you say your appointment was?'.

He was surprised to look down and see it was a couple of minutes before his appointment. He almost groaned in dismay, and he might have because Sykkuno asked if he was okay.

He could have chuckled if he wasn't gripped by nerves again. Oh sweet sweet boy. He would never be okay. If only you could come in with me, with your sweet voice in my ear I would be fine, he thought.

'I'll be okay. Better get going before I'm late,' he said mustering up a decent I'm okay voice.

'Okay,' Sykkuno said hesitantly, not quite believing him,' sent me a message when you finish if you want. I'll be available okay?'

'Okay talk to you later. Bye.'

'Bye bye. Good luck.' oh luck. Baby boy if only. He's gonna need more than luck.

At least Sykkuno will be at the other end.