eleven

Sykkuno lay in the hospital room, staring up blankly at the ceiling. The beeping of the machines in the other rooms were starting to lull him to sleep. He thought he would only be there for an hour after passing out in Corpse's apartment, but his doctor said he should stay and rest until he wasn't lightheaded anymore. Apparently he was over stressed, which made sense because he still didn't know where Corpse was.

He glanced over at Raina who was sleeping soundly in the chair beside his bed. Jay had stepped out to take a call. Sykkuno closed his eyes. He just kept picturing all the blood he saw and it made him nauseous. He opened his eyes again quickly and moved to rummage through his bag for the song Corpse wrote. He'd kept reading through it ever since he got there, it made him feel at ease because he felt like he had a piece of him beside him.

How did it come to this?

Corpse was only supposed to help him with Jay...And now everything was so complicated. He didn't know he would develop feelings for him; that just made everything harder.

Sykkuno jumped when the door to his room opened suddenly. He looked up and noticed it was Jay.

"I just got off the phone with Corpse." He spoke slowly, "he told me to tell you he's coming."

A huge weight lifted off his heart and he gasped in relief.

Raina stirred and woke up then, blinking tiredly. "Huh? What's going on?"

"Corpse is coming." Jay said.

"Oh," she blinked and glanced at Sykkuno, "are you okay?"

"Yes...I am." He nodded and met her eyes, "I'm so sorry I didn't tell you about what was going on between us-"

"Sy, it's fine. I kind of had a feeling...The whole time he was out with me, I always saw his eyes going to you. It kinda hurts, but I don't want to get in the way of you two's happiness." She chuckled. "And there's like a million other guys I have a crush on anyways so."

Sykkuno laughed. "Okay...Thank you for understanding, it means a lot to me."

Jay shoved his hands into his pocket then. "Did you want us to stick around when he comes or give you some space?"

"I think it's better if I talk to him alone...You two have been here for so long too, you should go and get some rest. Especially you Raina since you're barely awake right now."

Raina tripped over her foot as she stood up. "I am very much awake!"

"You're literally about to fall on your face." Jay smirked.

"Shut up!"

"Anyways," he slung an arm around her shoulder. "We're going to go get something to eat, we'll bring you back something later okay? Just call us if you need us."

Sykkuno nodded. "Will do, thank you again."

"No problem," Jay gave him a fist bump and then they left the room.

He sat in silence for a long time, his mind completely blank. His stomach filled with butterflies when it truly hit him that Corpse was okay. But what would he do when he showed up? He knew he was the reason why he relapsed...How could he face him now?

His worries raced through his head as he lay staring up quietly at the ceiling again. He didn't even know how much time had passed when he heard the door to his room open once again. Sykkuno's heart stopped when he set his gaze on him. His long hair was messy and untied, clothes wrinkled and worn, his bloody bandage wrapped loosely around his wrist, and there was a hollow, tired expression on his face.

Sykkuno's body moved on its own and he stumbled out of bed, hugging him tightly. Any worries he had before completely disappeared with their embrace. Corpse stood there limp for a while but eventually wrapped his arms slowly around him.