01

the ark: present timepilot

pilot

 ◦•●◉✿

       "𝖯𝗋𝗂𝗌𝗈𝗇𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝗈 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾, 𝗍𝗎𝗋𝗇 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝖺𝖼𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗅𝗅," 

Her head rose up, as soon as the door to the Skybox cell slammed open; crashing against the metal wall to her cell. Her eyebrows shot up in confusion, "My birthday is not until two weeks, I'm to be reviewed then! He can't float me." She disagreed. 

"Now, Artemis. Don't go through this with us again." The guard on the right sighed, getting annoyed with the constant defiance the girl showed every time the came down to get her for either meal time or class. 

For once, Artemis decided to agree. Her brown her pushed behind her ear as she stood up, turning to face the wall, she watched as the other guard; one she had not seen before today pulled out a metal container and opened it. 

A wristband of some sorts was sitting in it, "What's going on?" She inquired. 

"Quiet, hold out your right wrist." He ordered as a frown formed on her face. 

He reached over and pushed the metal wristband onto her arm, a hiss came out of her lips as the small spikes pushed into her pale skin. The pain didn't settle down as she was dragged out of the small cell and pushed out into the Skybox's population. 

Many delinquents were being escorted out, her eyes looked for Taylor but she couldn't find her friend and partner in crime anywhere? Maybe he'd already been floated, she took a deep breath in at that possibility. 

She hoped not. 

"Walk," The one of the left ordered, pushing her not so gently forward. Almost tripping, she managed to regain her balance and glared at the displeased guard who didn't seem happy to be stuck with a delinquent. 

It was quiet, the only sound was the machine hum that was keeping the Ark in space. "Where are we going?" She muttered, noticing they were heading towards Mecha station, where all the mechanics and engineers worked. 

"I said, quiet." The guard ordered and the one on her right scowled. 

"Archer, lean up. She's just asking a question." He suggested, gaining a glare from the other guard as they finally approached a big looking dropship. The two continued pushing her towards the third level in the ship and pushed her into an uncomfortable red seat. 

The one of the right, she still had no clue of his name; even after having him as her guard for almost two years, quickly and efficiently strapped her in. "Have a safe trip." He mumbled quietly, before leaving her alone to her thoughts.