britney/brittany

EPISODE TWO, britney spears ! not to be confused with brittany s. pierce !

 pierce !

▏♡ ▏

MR.SCHUESTER HAD JUST WROTE DOWN THE NAME "Christopher Cross" on the board.

Emily massaged her temples while she sat in between Artie and Mike. She had been having the worlds largest headache for a straight hour now.

"Headache?" Mike whispered. Emily sat back in her seat and faced the boy. "What do you think?" she retorted. Mike chuckled while he patted her back in support of her migraine. Emily smiles at the small gesture.

"All right, who can tell me who Christopher Cross is?"

"He discovered America." Brittany said, Finn shaking his head in agreement while his girlfriend rolled her eyes. "Close. He did write an iconic chart topper: 'Sailing'."

"I have a bad feeling about this lesson." Kurt said, mainly to Mercedes. "Never heard of him, don't want to hear about him." Tina shrugged.

"Now some people think of the term 'Easy Listening' as a bad thing. But I'm going to let this music speak for itself. You guys love Lady Gaga and the Rolling Stones... and you guys are really good about putting it all out there. But really good music can also be controlled, and restrained. It doesn't have to attack an audience, it can let them come to you." Mr.Shue explained as everyone passed around papers.

"How could you get caught between the moon and New York City? They're like a hundred miles apart." Finn asked after reading his sheet of paper.

"Mr. Shue? If I may."

Mr.Schuester gave Kurt the ok to speak his mind. Emily slouched in her seat and crossed her arms.

"I think I speak for all of us when I say it's not that we don't love the idea of spending a week on this silky smooth Adult Contemporary, it's just that, as teens,this isn't the easiest music for us to relate to. However, there is a burgeoning Facebook campaign that has swelled to over five members."

"The ardent demand: That this week, at the fall homecoming assembly, the McKinley High School Glee Club performs a number by... Wait for it...Ms. Britney Spears." Kurt finished with a grin.

At the mention of the pop icon, Emily's head bolted up. "Oh, i love Britney Spears!"

"Sorry, Kurt, Kurt, sorry. No, no, no. I don't think she's a very good role model." In this very moment, Mr.Shue started war with no one other than Emily Velez.

"But, Mr. Shcue, we kind of grew up-" Emily cut the Berry girl off, "She's a literal icon, Mr.Schue."

Emily thought Britney Spears week was a great idea. I mean, her music was great and she was such a role model to all aspiring diva's. Emily would've jumped at the chance to to sing a song by her.