Chapter 1: A million dreams

10 Years ago
(Y/N age 8)

I heard Catra crying so I slowly approached her bed as I tapped her shoulder.

"Catra come with me"

She wiped her eyes and took my hand as I lead us to the roof to our Spot which over looked the fright Zone she just sat there Quietly as I began to sing.

"I close my eyes and I can see
The world that's waiting up for me That I call my own Through the dark, through the door Through where no one's been before But it feels like home"

Catra looks at me as I take her hand and stand her in front of me to see my vision.

"They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy They can say, they can say I've lost my mind I don't care, I don't care, so call me crazy We can live in a world that we design"

I drag her with me as we move to another spot as I continue to song as she looks at me with wonder.

"Cause every night I lie in bed The brightest colours fill my head A million dreams are keeping me awake I think of what the world could be A vision of the one I see A million dreams is all it's gonna take"

I stop and look at her with a smile.

"Oh a million dreams for the world we're gonna make"

We move to the roof doughing Shadow Weaver as we sat there my arm wrapped around her as I move my hand imagining are life the life I want with Catra away from the fright zone away from the horde.

"There's a house we can build Every room inside is filled With things from far away The special things I compile Each one there to make you smile On a rainy day"

I look her in the eyes as I take both of her hands in mine.

"They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy They can say, they can say we've lost our minds I don't care, I don't care if they call us crazy Runaway to a world that we design"

She smiles as we jump off the roof
(8 years later) were running through the halls sneaking off to are spot.

"Every night I lie in bed The brightest colours fill my head A million dreams are keeping me awake I think of what the world could be A vision of the one I see A million dreams is all it's gonna take Oh a million dreams for the world we're gonna make"

I spin her around as were on the roof I was chasing her as she began to sing.

"However big, however small Let me be part of it all"

She takes my hand and places her forehead against mine as she continues.

"Share your dreams with me You may be right, you may be wrong But say that you'll bring me along To the world you see To the world I close my eyes to see I close my eyes to see"

We began to sing together in harmony with each other sharing are same dream about are life.

"Every night I lie in bed The brightest colours fill my head A million dreams are keeping me awake A million dreams, a million dreams I think of what the world could be A vision of the one I see A million dreams is all it's gonna take A million dreams for the world we're gonna make"

I take catra by the waist as are tails interlock like are hands are as she purrs as I whisper for in that moment it was just us and no one else.

"For the world we're gonna make"

The moment was soon destroyed by shadow weaver pulling us apart.