Thirst: Prologue

After his parents' death at the hands of the evil Wens, little kid Wei Wuxian was brought to a family which his parents owe so much for taking them in when they were in need.

He was taken in by the Jiang family, one of the well-known vampire family, they were all beta and because of his second gender as an omega, he was able to live peacefully with them. Despite being kept in a vampire family, he's not aware that he is living among vampires. The Jiang's didn't show him about it either. Wei Wuxian is completely clueless about the fact as well. The Jiangs didn't impose any threat to him because blood banks is present and drinking human blood is taboo these days. Because of that, humans and vampires coexist.

Wei Wuxian was a simple diligent boy. His step-siblings always tell him he need not to do the cleaning and helping but he always insists. He always tell it was his way of giving the gratitude back.

As a kid, Wei Wuxian was cheerful and loved by everyone. But Yu Ziyuan would always get angry at him and tell him not to hang out outside. He was restrained. Yet, his step-siblings would play with him instead. They treated him as a real brother because they know how lonely Wei Wuxian could be.

As he grows up, his cheerfulness turned him into a fine man. Turning every person seeing him can't help but admire his kindness. He was pampered but yet he chose to be down to earth and let others go first before himself.

Despite his loud behavior, he hides his loneliness inside his cheerful smiles. When he's alone, the smile he was wearing, fades. He would always grab his flute and close his eyes as he plays it, to the tune his father thought him. There, he felt the presence of his parents. The flute is the only remnant he has from his father. When his parents were still alive, they would gather around a little bonfire, his father would play the flute while his mother would strum the guqin. The guqin was destroyed when his parents were killed, but he was able to save his father's flute and now his only memory of him.

Wei Wuxian lived a normal life without knowing the truth about what's happening around him, until one day...