Chapter 20: Reunions

*Cara POV*

I shot back from Butch and pushed her away. I almost started to shake when I hit the wall. The women looked at me like I'd grown a third head.

"What's wrong?" Meredith asked.

"No way," I whispered.

Butch slightly nodded as she looked at me with wide eyes.

I turned and shot for the door, ignoring the pain shooting all throughout my body. I turned the gravel-road's corners at top speed. I almost called out Mikey's name but opened my mouth to no breath. I slowed my pace before I stopped, doubling over before inhaling deeply. For about a minute I stood, just breathing and thinking about what I was truly doing. What if this was a total trap?

"Well, well... If it isn't Caraline? Nice to see you've recovered quite well! These gravel roads are quite tricky, I tend to trip a lot just like you did," Julian asked, sweeping some hair behind my ear.

I wriggled and he grabbed my arm, pulling me to his chest. He pressed his hand into my back, forcing my face into his old shirt. I writhed against it, trying my hardest to free myself.

"I'm going to scream if you don-"

"If you scream I'll cut off your 'boyfriend's' hand. Now I'm going to tell you the deal: You stay quiet, I'll take you to him. You scream, I'll cut off his hand, and ship it to his family. If you scream twice, I'll send both of your hands," he threatened.

I nodded, and he threw me over his shoulder, taking me into some random house, and plonking down the stairs. By the bottom of the stairs, he seemed out of breath, and I couldn't help but let out a cough.

"Shut up," he grunted, jumping so I'd take the impact.

I groaned and he continued down the stairs into a surprisingly bright basement. My breath caught as I thought what would happen in the basement. Is he going to-

I heard a sniffle and a small whimper. It sounded so weak and helpless. I tried to pull my upper-body away from Julian's back, but he pushed me back down. Eventually he dropped me to the concrete from his back, and turned around with a scowl on his face.

"You have 7 hours to make and edit that video. Only 7. Don't disappoint me or you know the consequences," and with that Julian trudged up the creaky stairs, before slamming -and probably locking- the door above us.

I turned around on my butt slowly, hearing another sniffle. And there, beside an empty chair and in front of a cam-corder was Michael Murphy. I shot from my spot and felt like I was flying until I landed in his arms. I hit him so hard that the chair he was sitting in tipped, and I wrapped my arms around of the back of his head, taking the impact.

"You keep falling for me, eventually you're going to need a band-aid," Mikey laughed, brushing some of the tears lightly from my cheeks.

I smiled through my aching pain and tried to stand back up. I looked at the camera and back at Mikey. I jabbed a thumb over my shoulder with a perplexed look.

"Care to explain?" I questioned, tears threatening to spill over again.

"Well, I made a deal that guy, that if I made a formal apology/goodbye video, that he'd keep our families safe and that we'd be a family," he smiled, lightly brushing more tears from my face.

I squeaked, trying to stop from wailing out.

"No, NoNONO Mikey we were supposed to be normal high school kids, falling in love. You were supposed to go to college and I was supposed to be a house-wife and we were supposed to settle down in a house of our own in the country, with kids and pets. But most importantly we were supposed to have our families too," I babbled on whilst crying and wailing until he shut me up with the crash of his lips.

"Just shhh. We can have all of that here. We can have it here, I promise. We just have to make this video, okay? Then I promise we will be together forever. I can protect you just like I promised, just like I promised," his voice cracked and a pang of hurt flashed through his features before I kissed him again.

"Okay. Let's do this then," I smiled weakly, and he brushed more tears from my face.

"That's my girl," he kissed my forehead before pressing the record button and taking a seat next to me.

He grabbed my hand and sighed. How were we going to do this?
______________________________
Authors Note:

Hellooooo! Sorry the update is one day late, my internet was being stupid. So this book is almost done, and I was wondering what I should write next? I was thinking a The Maze Runner fanfiction but I can't choose between Newt (but there are so many Newt fanfics) and Minho. If you've not read the books, go read them!! I love them so much and I'm only on the third one. Thanks again, and vote and comment and all that wonderful jazz!!!!!

QOTC- What should I write my next story on?