Part 4

"Come in!" Chief yelled still looking at his papers.

"Shouldn't you be on a call, Dawson! Y- Youre back, so good to see you?"

"You too chief. Come in sit, everyone is out on a call. Should be back any second."

"No worries Chief, is um Casey still here?"

"Of course, he is still doing good. Sit down."

"Thanks Chief, May I speak to him in private in your office?"

"Y-yes, why don't you want to see everyone?"

"No, I want to see all but, Casey is first now."

"Dawson, what's going on?"

"I'm carrying his child." Dawson told standing up, pulling her long black jacket away showing her huge belly

"H-he is a father?"

"Yes, chief. He doesn't know yet. Please don't tell anyone I'm here, just tell Casey someone is looking for him in your office."

"Sure, congratulations! Come here!" Chief yelled giving her a hug, finally you both have a child, he will love it.

"They're here, I'll call Casey for you, good luck." As Chief smiled closing the door.

"I need that!" Dawson sighed behind the close door.

....

"How was the call?" Chief asked seeing everyone in the kitchen

"Good, Chief. Car accident 2 people rushed to Med. Doing good." Captain Casey told as Brett and Mackey walked in.

"Both doing well." Brett told smiling

"Who is hungry?" Ritter yelled as Gallo nodded.

"Casey, there is someone is my office looking for you." Chief told smiling bright, as he nodded walking to the office.

"Who is it?" Severide asked looking at a paper

"A shock! Just everyone stay here. He needs to be alone right now." Chief told as everyone looked at him

"Chief, is everything okay?" Gruz ask worried as all look to him.

"Yes, so what is for lunch, make one extra?" Chief asked as all look at him.

"A new firefighter Chief?" Moutch asked confuse

"All the spots are full, a new Paramedic in training maybe?" Hermann asked as Chief look at him.

"No, a old friend to Casey, so keep your yap and you'll see later."

.....

As Casey walked trough the hallway, he saw someone standing in Chief is office, looks familiar as herushed in.

"Gabby?" He asked smiling, as he close the door. She turned around.

"Matt!"

"Wow, look at you. You're back? When did you get into town?"

"A few hours ago. Can we talk. Chief said it's fine." Gabby asked as Matt showed her to a chair.

"How are you, everyone would love to see you."

"I know, first you. Matt, remember that night after that ball?"

"Yeah, it was amazing. Why? You also said you loved it?"

"I did, Matt. You stopped talking to be, and I was so busy till late, then my phone was dead. I wanted to call you but, I didn't want to scare you or worry you, so I wanted to see you in person and tell."