The Proposition ~Part 1 ~

The first royal event you ever attended was a small gala on the north side of the palace. The nobles attended, the royal family attended, and the families of the royal guards were invited along as well. Even being so very long ago the memory came back particularly clear. You remember It was in an especially large ballroom that held over 700 people. There was dancing and music and over twenty-five, chandeliers dangling brilliantly over the floor. The one hanging in the center of course being the largest of all. Each one glossed the room in sweet candlelight that swayed shamelessly as the dancers moved across the floor. You remember your father asking your mother to dance. They were so happy just being together on that night. So in love. As equals none the less.

You were just a child then. And really it was so very long ago. The memory had faded with time. But you remember, very distinctly, how happy your father was that you were there with them. That you would one day represent them. That you could experience such a day and see a future you were meant for. And It was beautiful. You remember it being so beautiful.

You never wanted to forget it. The memory of that night with your mother and father. But you did. After they passed... you did.

That was, until tonight.

Immediately as you had slipped inside into the ballroom filled to the brim with all sorts of people, you recognized it. The sounds, the decor, the dances, ... the light. Everything came rushing back to you like a powerful blast of wind and there was not a piece of you that was not joyous to remember it. Because it was the same. Nothing besides the guests had changed. And admittedly not very many of them had changed either.

You were in awe. And in awe you remained as you slowly traveled around the length of the room, observing everything you could. Even if you knew you were going to be back for the night in just a little bit.

Asgardian celebrations are known across the realms to go on for days and possibly weeks at a time. And this seemed to be one of those times. It was the third day. The final day according to most. And this event was the biggest, not to mention loudest, of them all.

Quite honestly, you were shocked at the indication that you would be allowed to attend the ball so early in the night. As always, because you were his suitor, you were meant to enter and dance with the prince, and only with the prince. Your job was to be by his side and bring him joy and honor as a beautiful figure on his arm. One others would envy and men couldn't touch. It is as dreary as it sounds really. Surely with that attention at the very beginning, your option of walking around quietly was never really an option, to begin with. But the prince changed it last minute. He decided that he wished to attend later than planned but he still wished for you and Kari to join the festivities. So he gave the word to Birger and therefore Birger relayed it to you. And given this opportunity, you maintained this awe-ridden disposition and glided around in nothing more than a plain quiet gown.

Your actual gown for the night wasn't exactly ready as of yet. Considering how Amelia had only begun a week or so ago, really it was remarkable she could complete it so soon. Kari's on the other hand had hers finished weeks ago. And she, like you, was allowed to glide around the room without the prince. However, she took hold of her role of importance and made quite sure that every eye watched her like a candle. Elegant, but hazardous if you brought too close. Honestly, she did everything but scream at the top of her lungs to gain people's attention. But It was still quite early in the evening. And really, you wouldn't put it past the pure pettiness in her soul.

You avoided her all you could. Never really once turning your eyes completely near her out of fear that she would notice and bring you out into the crowd. Not even dressed for the occasion which at an event like this, could be seen as disgraceful. So you wandered in the back with the servants rushing to and fro. Watching through small bits of light to see the dancers on the floor and the chandeliers dangling from above.