Sixty Three. Challenges

~ Two Months Later ~

"Hey, Linds, can I borrow your car?" Gwen asked as they walked passed one another in the living room.

Pulling his keys out of his pocket, he tossed them to her. "Where are you off to?" he turned to look back. "I thought your grandparents were coming over in an hour?"

"I know, but I forgot to buy some soda and I need some Diet Coke," she stated. "I'd take my bike, but I'm wearing, kind of a short skirt," she gestured.

"I see that," he arched a brow, not totally approving of the length, but he wasn't going to tell her that.

The ripped denim material only brought back memories to her first week of school, how he urged her to cover up. He was only thankful that she was wearing black nylons instead of fishnets.

"I'll be right back---do you want or need anything?"

"Um, Seagram's would be good," he assured. "We already have regular Coke."

"Okay. Bobby should be here soon too."

"Alright, be careful," he added.

She gave a thumbs up and was out the door.

Lindsey then walked into the kitchen, seeing all of the food that the teen had prepared for her grandparents; augratin potatoes, green beans and tri-tip steaks in which he had actually cooked for her, along with the simple brownies for dessert. He smiled lightly because he knew it meant a lot that the two were coming over.

Although the Nicks couple had met Lindsey briefly and shared one dinner with him in the last two months to past, they loved him and found him everything that their daughter was missing in her life. He was a busy man on most days, but he didn't mind Gwen offering his house for the get togethers, in fact, he urged her to bring them when they were in town which wasn't too often.

It was the third visit Stevie's parents were making out since she left the house, but they only understood that their daughter wasn't home for obvious reasons as they weren't on speaking terms. They had no idea she had just left Gwen with Lindsey.

About ten minutes after Gwen left, Bobby turned up and he was dressed nicely.

He had a simple, short sleeved, black button down and he wore dark-washed jeans with some black trainers.

"Hey, Lindsey," he bumped fists with him.

"Hey, how's it going," he patted his shoulder.

"Good. I'm ready for the break to be over. I wanna get into the fall classes already."

He chuckled.

"I just get bored so quick and then Gwen's at school like regular... I already miss high school since I graduated. I got nothing to do except work and I like to be in class."

"I get it. So are we going to do the eight week classes or full term?"

"I do better with the accelerated ones... Once it's over my brain will be fried again," he smirked. "I'm bored right now, but once I'm back in, I'll be over it. Let's stick with the accelerated."

"Gwen's more into those as well, but she is also very fast pace."

"Tell me about it," she agreed. "She's a nerd trapped into a hot girl. I love it, she's a brainiac."

He smirked and kind of shook his head.

"So, how's Stevie doing?" he thought was good to ask as the girl wasn't home yet.

"She's okay... Karen comes by and drops off gifts, ultrasound pictures. She seems calmer, if I am feeling the right person from afar."

"How far along is she?" he creased his brow.