Accidentally - Sophie

lets just forget about what is happening in the manga for these One Shots unless we make a clear note that we are doing something based off of it haha its too depressing to write anything right now since... yeah no spoilers...

------

"NATSU!!!!" Yelled a blonde mage, as she stumbled out of the guild. "You're supposed to wait for me when we go on jobs, idiot!!"

The girl, Lucy, continued angrily walking down the streets of Magnolia, wishing with all her might that she had a strong nose like the dragon slayers, so she could find her partner easier.

"Natsu! Happy?!" She kept on calling their names, nearly out of breath from running around and yelling for her two team mates. "C'mon you guys, you couldn't have already left!!"

Not to far away, sat a snickering Natsu and Happy, staring down at Lucy from a building, not too far from the woods. "Oi," he chuckled, "She is so clueless right now."

"Aye, but I think she's starting to give up." The exceed added, with a giggle. "Let's jump on her."

"Great idea."

Happy smirked deviously as Natsu jumped from building, ahead of him. He was planning for just the fire dragon slayer to fall down onto Lucy, instead of the two of them together. Of course, it wouldn't be as romantic if he was involved. Apparently, according to Mira, he was always getting in the way. But he couldn't be happier about that, because every time he splits Natsu and Lucy up, they end up blushing greatly, increasing their feeling for each other.

Soon enough, Natsu and Happy got close enough to the sullen Lucy, whom was sulking at the edge of the forest, staring down at the ground.

"On the count of three." Happy whispered. "And we'll jump."

"Right..." Natsu whispered back with a nod. "On your count."

"one..." The exceed started, looking down at the celestial spirit mage with enthusiasm. "Two..." He continued and glanced up at Natsu with a large grin. "THREE!!" The cat yelled and flew behind Natsu, pushing him off the building and onto Lucy.

"HAPPY!!!" Natsu cursed as he unexpectedly got pushed down onto the blonde.

Lucy was shocked at the yelling but was even more surprised when something slammed into her front. "mmf..." she groaned.

The two wizards opened their eyes from the rough impact.

And their eyes immediately widened.

Natsu was hovering over Lucy with the reddest face possible. Somehow, when they landed, their heads collided with unbelievable accuracy, with their lips connected dead on.

After a couple seconds, Natsu unfroze and crawled away from  his partner. "H-hey... wh-what was that?"

"D-don't blame me." She stuttered back. "It was the cat!" She covered her lips and glanced up at Happy who was giggling happily on the roof top.

Natsu touched his lips hesitantly, and took only a quick look at his blue partner. But he kept most of his attention on Lucy.

-------

After the team's job, Natsu volunteered to walk Lucy home. He pretended to hide his embarrassment, and fortunately for him, he acted really well.

"Thanks for walking me home." Lucy smiled as they reached her door.

"Mhm." Natsu nodded, looking away with a flushed face.

The dragon slayer honestly thought that his partner had forgotten about the "accidental" fall from that very morning. And to be fair, he was oddly hurt by that.

Of course it wasn't even his fault for the unexpected lip contact, it was happy. All the signs pointed to him. And what was odd was that he wasn't the least bit angry at the exceed.

"Natsu?" Lucy finally said. "You've been quiet the whole walk here, is something wrong?"

"Hmm? Oh... Uh no." He answered awkwardly.

Lucy frowned at the boy in front of her and let out a sigh as she placed her fingers on his lips. Natsu looked up, blushing lightly at the touch.

"Hey," she smiled, "I didn't forget."

"I thought you did."

"Maybe I'm a better actor than you, Natsu." She giggled and Natsu laughed back in reply, placing his hand on her jaw line. "So Happy pushed you, eh?"

"Yeah, that little ass hole was supposed to scare you with me but he pushed me at the last moment." He shrugged with a smile. "I was gonna trick him." He said sarcastically and raised his eyebrow.

"Stupid cat." Lucy teased, with love for Happy still in her heart of course. She could never truly hate him, even after this.

"Stupid cat." Natsu agreed and leaned in the remaining few inches for a perfect kiss, dead on the lips. But this time, on purpose, and not an accident.