▪︎ Chapter Thirty-Nine ▪︎

After he left, I laid on my bed and started reading a book until I received a text from Clover.

Clover: Hey Dani. How are you feeling?

After reading the text, I dialed her number and she picked almost immediately.

"Hey Daniella!" came her reply through the phone.

"Hi Clo. I'm better now thanks. My mom decided that we weren't going to church today because the doctor said I needed some rest, so I've been home all morning" I replied.

"Oh, that's great. So.....I know you need rest and all, but I'm really curious, what happened between you two after I left the room yesterday" she asked, making me giggle cause I was totally expecting that. She was such a sucker for gossip.

"What? I don't like feeling left out" she defended on hearing my laugh and I could imagine her pouting.

"Alright, alright. Something definitely happened" I started, getting ready to recount all that happened in the best way I could to her. "After you left, he explained everything to me again and I listened. I understood him this time and so I forgave him"

"Yay! I knew you would!" She exclaimed, her excitement obvious in her tone "My favourite ship is back on the sea!" I rolled my eyes at the last part.

"After that, he....." I paused for dramatic effect but mostly to calm my raging heart down. When I was sure my heart wouldn't fly out of my chest I continued "He told me that he likes me. Asin he like likes me" I finished, bracing myself for the scream I was sure would escape Clover's mouth.

Ah, there it was, a sharp piercing scream like that of a banshee. Damn.

"Okay, I may need to visit the ear doctor after this Clover" I said when she was done, my hand nursing my poor ear.

"I'm sorry, I'm just so excited!" She apologised.

"Yeah, you made that clear enough" I replied.

"So what did you say after that? Did you tell him you liked him too?"

"No, I didn't say that. As a matter of fact, I didn't utter a word. I was in complete shock and I'm sure I looked terrible with my mouth hanging open" I said, making her giggle "What?"

"Nothing. It's just that I'm imagining your shocked face and it's super funny" she replied, still giggling.

"Now's not the time to laugh Clo, what do I do?" I whined.

"Okay, sorry, sorry" she replied when her laughter had died down "Uh, what did he say after that?"

"He told me that I didn't have to say anything and that he just wanted me to know how he felt" I recounted, the image of his disappointed face flashing through my mind.

"Awww, that's so cute" she cooed  making me roll my eyes yet again.

"Clover" I whined "What do I do? He's probably going to start hating me now"

"Hating you? Why would he do that?" She asked and then continued "I have little to no experience when it comes to things like this but I've read a lot of books enough to know that right now, he's just sad but doesn't hate you. All you have to do is let him know how you feel"

"You make it sound so easy" I huffed "Like I'm solving a math problem and all I have to do is remember the formula. This is different. This has no formula and I have no idea how to do this"

"Okay, okay, how about tommorow at school, when you see him, tell him you have something you want to talk to him about. After you say that, he'd understand and make things easy for you" she explained like she was an expert on things like this. No experience my ass.