The Talk

The next afternoon, the engines went to Wellsworth Sheds to find Edward.

"Edward, please, talk to us. What's going on?" Thomas pleaded.

Edward said nothing, as he backed further into his shed.

"Please... you can't keep this all to yourself. You need help." Emily said.

"Go away." Edward spoke, but not with any of the words they wanted to hear.

"No. We're not leaving." James huffed. "You're suffering and we want to help."

"Go away." Edward spoke, a little louder.

"Edward, why won't you talk to us? You've always been there for us, so why can't we do the same for you?" Henry puffed.

At last, Edward had had enough.

"Do you know how many times I tried to talk to you? Every time you just pushed me away. You didn't care enough to listen. So why should I talk now?!" Edward snapped.

Everyone was speechless. Thinking back, they did realize all the times Edward sought them out to talk. All the times they played it off and joked around instead.

"Tomoe... I'm so sorry... we all are..."

"Leave me alone." Edward huffed.

"Edward-" James started.

"I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!!" Edward snapped.

The engines backed away from Edward's shed, and returned to Knapford Yards.

"What do we do now?" Percy asked.

"We need him to talk, but he won't because we messed it all up..." James sighed.

"Maybe someone else could get her to talk?" Henry suggested. "Like Boco?"

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. After all, he's probably really worried about him." Huffed Gordon.

"Let's go talk to Boco then." Said James.

"You guys go ahead without me. There's something I want to do first." Henry replied.

"Fine, but be back when you're done." Huffed James.

"I'll try." Henry replied, sheepishly.