Chpt. 15

-Temperament-

As I arrived in my apartment, I grabbed my phone, wondering who was causing the commotion. I saw his name on the screen and and immediately called him back. "T-Tom?" I stuttered through the phone, waiting to hear his voice again. "Are you sleeping with him again?"

"What?" I exclaimed. "What the hell are you talking about??" I asked in shock. "You know damn well I'm talking about you and Korbin." He spat, the anger raising in his voice. "Tom that's fucking ridiculous-" "Maddie I saw the post, don't play dumb with me! Just admit it, you've been sleeping with him since I left!"

I let out a shaken sigh, tears threatening to fall. "Tom you know I'd never do that to you-" "oh of course." He snapped sarcastically. "What the hell has gotten into you? Can't you see I'm not summer?" I cried. "I mean you seemed pretty eager to get me to leave." "Because its a job and I know how you love acting! Is that a crime to what you to live your dream?!"

I closed my eyes and sat down next to star, her head on my lap as I tried to arrange my thoughts. "You haven't even texted me for the last few days all you do is leave me on read." I began, breaking the toxic silence. "I've been working hard to get there for your performance Mads" "then you could've texted me a single letter! It would've been better then leaving me in the dark!" I cried, my voice cracking as I felt salty tears fall down my cheeks. "Like how you left me in the dark with Korbin-" "GOD DAMIT TOM I DIDN'T SLEEP WITH HIM!" I screamed as I began to sob. "I'm sorry." He said barley above a whisper. "Just don't bother on coming, you obviously don't trust me and I don't need that to be in the back of my head while I'm performing."

"Fine, have fun with Korbin." He sneered. I hit end call and threw my phone to the the couch across the room. "Fuck!" I yelled as I fell to the floor, star coming up to comfort me as I sobbed on the ground. After everything we've been through, I didn't know he could be so cruel.

Next thing I remember, I was grabbing a bottle from the liquor cabinet, opening its cap, And took a swig. What have I done...

I woke up with a horrid headache, a empty bottle of whiskey in my hand as I laid on the couch, hiding my face from the light. It felt as if ice picks where tapping into my temples, every sound becoming 10 times louder as I looked around. I looked at the time, loathing the numbers that were on the clock. I got up as quickly as I could, feeding star then, running into the bathroom to wash my face.

I looked into the mirror and saw the girl looking back at me. She had bags under her eyes, her hair was still in a bun from the night before and, the visibility of heartbreak was apparent across her face.

I made toast and ran out the door, hopping in my car and rushing to the hall. "Madelyn you're late are you- Jesus rough night?" Ash said as I walked through the stage doors. "Don't even start." I groaned as I sat down to do some stretches, not knowing the man I wanted was struggling just like I was across the world...

Toms POV
...the night before...

I looked down at the photo of the two of them. Tonight was my first night this week that I was finally given free time from all of the filming, press conferences, photo shoots, the only free time I had was when I went to sleep. But even though I was playing a sexist asshole 8 hours a day, I couldn't help but mess up scenes with Madelyn always on my mind. Great to see she didn't think the same...

I called a final time, begging to just hear her even if it was to explain the fact that she's been with Korbin... she's probably sleeping with him! I mean she was so quick to get rid of me! The phone began to buzz, pulling me out of my thoughts, the anger bubbling up within me.

And after a stupid heated argument, she said the words that hurt the most; "Just don't bother on coming, you obviously don't trust me and I don't need that to be in the back of my head while I'm performing."

"Fine have fun with Korbin!" I spat, trying to hold back the tears that made my vision cloudy. And then, the line went dead. "God damnit!" I cursed as I punched the pillow next to me. I can't believe I thought she'd even do something remotely close to hurting me like summer.

The next morning I got up from my bed and walked down the stairs to see my friend Derek sitting at the kitchen counter. "Hey Tom, you okay?" He asked sincerely. Derek moved in a few months ago after leaving a relationship, taking care of the house while I was in London, but I a never asked him to leave. He and I would play guitar together and he's even helping me with a few new songs I've been writing. "Good morning to you too." I sighed as I grabbed an egg and cracked it into the pan.

"I fucked up..." I trailed off. "You didn't, what did you say to her?" He sighed as he put his dish away into the dishwasher. "I... I thought she was sleeping with another guy and I jumped to conclusions instead of hearing her out. I was so caught up in the past, I thought I was still living it."

"You idiot." Derek stated plainly. "I know okay!" I laughed a little as I checked my phone. "So you going to fix it?" He asked. "Well the problem is, she told me she didn't even wanting me coming for the performance, so I feel that's a pretty obvious 'fuck off' Derek. You know what, fuck it mate, I'm just going to be single from now on." I scoffed, sitting down to eat. Derek laughed and looked at me with a grin on his face. "What?" I inquired. "It just sounds like you've got it bad for this girl T."

"She's my best friend Derek, that hasn't changed... I guess." I mumbled, taking a bite of my toast. "But it's pretty clear your feelings have changed."