Chpt. 3

-Hawaii-

"I love you too Tom." I whispered as he looked me sweetly in the eyes. "Oh I almost forgot, here." He smiled as he reached into his jacket pocket. His eyes sparkled like a 5 year old watching a loved one open the present they spent hours making. "Tom, you shouldn't have-" "yes Maddie, I should. You deserve it." He insisted. I looked down at the blue box with white ribbon. I pulled the pearlescent threads and unraveled the bow, opening the box to reveal a beautiful gold chain. "Oh Tom... it's... I can't take it it's way too much for me and-" "Madelyn you know that's not true, you deserve this. And I thought it would also be a reminder when I'm gone that you'll always have my heart with you, even when I'm across the Atlantic... I don't know now that I say it out loud it sounds terribly cheesy." He giggled at the end making me smile. I leaned in and kissed his cheek softly, his cheeks turning a slight shade of pink as my lips left his soft skin. "It's perfect I love it Tom."

"Are you going back to your hotel? I was going to watch a movie with star and make some popcorn... you know we could make it just like old times." I smirked as I put the beautiful gold around my neck. I started to get off the couch when he replied. "Yeah I guess I could stay for a bit, but only if we watch the Simpsons." He smiled as I looked into his blue eyes, the eyes that captured the ocean tides and swept you off your feet. "Deal."

I finally made my way to the kitchen where I grabbed a bag of popcorn and threw it in the microwave. "So, Tom..." I began as I hoisted myself onto the countertop. "When we're you going to tell me you were dating someone? I mean we have been best friends since birth and you haven't even mentioned anything about her." I inquired as he made his way to the countertop with me. "Yeah..." he began with a smile. "Well we've been dating for a few weeks now and she's really the best, I mean she really gets me you know? I know it's silly but she's..." he paused and looked down at his hands before starting again. "you know you were right about us when we got back from Hawaii, we would've just tore apart as soon as we were together." He stated as my world felt like it was beginning to crash and burn around me. "Y-yeah." I sighed shakily. The microwave beeped and he got up to grab the bag as I stayed sitting in my thoughts.

As I made my way to the living room I saw Tom sitting on the couch with star, the dvd in and the show ready to go. "She's such a sweetheart, just like her Mum." He smiled as he played with Stars floppy ears. I sat down next to him and placed a hand in her soft fur, petting her softly. "She's my everything, makes my life a lot less lonely." I said before reaching for the remote.

I couldn't pay attention to the people on the screen all I thought about was our stupid conversation in the kitchen. "you know you were right about us when we got back from Hawaii, we would've just tore apart as soon as we were together." I let my eyes close as I nuzzled into Toms side. He smiled and put his arm around me, pulling me closer to his chest. These were the moments I truly cherished the most, ever since we were little all I can remember is him pulling me close and comforting me, his hand around my waist as we watched a movie or show together. moments I should've appreciated more when they weren't shared with another. It's true what I said but I was absolutely scared. Being together with him, having a life with him would mean I was genuinely happy and the thought of commitment frightened me. That's not fully correct... the thought of it with him was a lot more appealing than anyone else...

"Tom," I began, getting his attention. He looked down to me, his eyes looking into mine to detect any trace of concern. "I... I need to tell you something, I mean I should've told you sooner but I'm absolutely in lo-"

His phone began to ring, pulling me out of my thoughts. "It's summer, she probably realized I'm gone. What were you saying?" He said as his attention returned back to me. "Oh just I'm absolutely grateful that you're in my life!" I lied, I hated lying to him, ever since we were kids he could always tell but thank god his needy girlfriend saved me With another call. "I should go." He sighed as he got up off the couch, star and I following him to the door. "I missed this, well I mean I missed you." He said before pulling me into a hug. "I missed you more..."
~~~~

The next morning I made my way into work, starting at the barre to do warmups before rehearsal. I pulled out my phone and decided to bother my best friend.

~~~~
T22🤍

tommm-
tommmmmmmm-

-yes Maddie? Lol

I'm doing warmups and I'm bored-

-that's quite a tragedy

Ikr-
Oh one of the girls noticed the necklace you gave me and is wondering if I have a special someone I'm not telling about lol-

-you're  wearing the necklace!?

Of course you dork-

like you said I always have you with me -Oh shoot we're starting! Gtg!!-

Oh shoot we're starting! Gtg!!-

-lol okay love you Mads

Love you too Tom-

~~~~

I quickly put my phone away in my bag and ran out onto the floor. "Alright, places people, places!"

After hours of dancing I was finally done, I grabbed my bag and slid some leggings over my tights and leotard, planning to change once I got back to my apartment. Just as soon as I was about to open the studio door my name was called. "Madelyn! I have someone here for you." Ariana, our studio director informed. "This is Mr. O'dell, he is the director of The Royal Ballet." She grinned as she looked between us. "How do you do? I've been informed of your talents and by watching you perform in this rehearsal, I think you should join us. One of our prized soloist has just retired, and I was hoping you'd accept meaning I haven't seen such great talent as yours before." He said. My eyes lit up, "m-me?" I stuttered. All Mr. O'Dell did was nod, and Ariana smiled. "Yes, you."

~~~~
A/n
I hope you enjoyed so far!! Please vote and comment it lets me know if I should keep writing this or not lol, thank you all!