Eerie Night

"And that is why moral crime is the most deviant crime. Any questions?" She spoke in a bored tone.

Half of the class focused on their phones as TikTok became their otherworldly fascination. The other half intently listened. Whereas I just stared at nothing in particular and focused on my personal issues.

"Taylor can you tell me what new information you have learned today?" She irratantly forced out.

For fucks sake I don't know! Clearing my throat as I sat up, I began to push back nerves that came rushing in and opened my mouth.

"How would she know she's in fantasy land probably planning murders."

All eyes turned to that one male that spoke, including mine. If I was planning murder you'd be safe as I like a challenge. I began to chuckle at that.

"What is so funny, freak?" He spat.

"There are so many things that make me laugh about you. You're going to have to narrow that down." I spat back.

The classroom erupted with laughter. He turned bright red and anger showed on his face. Enemy number 1. Wonderful! Hey, at least this way I won't have friends.

"Enough! You two out of my class now!" The teacher shouted.

You've got to be kidding me! Fine. I packed my stuff and began to leave as he followed suit. As soon as we were in the clear he put his arm against my throat. Somebody has anger issues!

"Listen here, freak! I won't have you being sarcastic to me or I will make your life hell!" He harshly whispered.

Kneeing him in the dick, I pushed him off me and gave him the middle finger.

"Try me, bitch!" I snickered as I fled the scene and went back home.

When I arrived I began to notice things were off. I couldn't explain it. I just knew. The atmosphere felt wrong. The wind seemed eerie as their whistles grew louder and louder. But there was no trees blowing. It felt wrong. Something dark surrounded the atmosphere. Something... unnerving.

Carefully opening the door, I stepped in quietly and closed the door and locking it. It was currently 11.28am and I had already spoken up. Social anxiety, where were you when I needed you? Now I have a damn asshat as another enemy. Another enemy. Sounds weird. Another person that despises me because I can't keep my trap shut when it is needed. Classic Gen Z, right? Can't order a pizza but can go off on one to bullies.

Setting my bag down, I walked to the kitchen and looked in the fridge. Fuck. Social anxiety has entered the chat. No food means I have to order on the phone. I sighed and rubbed my forehead. Perfect, just what I need. Stress after kneeing a bully in the dick and possibly causing me to be in danger, again. Dialing for a random takeaway place, I took a deep breath and focused on my script I use.

"Hello, Polished Polish what can I get for you today?" A cheerful voice spoke.

Clearing my throat, I started the script.

"Number seven of main meal and number thirteen for desserts please and a diet Pepsi. Could you please drop the package off at the front door of 20 Melrose Drive the money which will be $12.99 will be left under the cactus pot next to the door. Thank you." I said as I forced a smile.

I hung up and released a sigh of relief. Works like a charm every time. Doing a weird skip to the living room where my Netflix was, I closed the curtains and turned out the lights. Keep your home hidden from others. I decided on the television show Bitten which involved quite a bit of gore. This was a werewolf series based on a woman who faced her problems head on when she realised her family was in danger. What a confident motherfucker!

"Why the fuck are you turning into a werewolf again when you literally just turned into one a minute ago? You hardly ever shift and it would fucking hurt. Dumb bitch gonna be deformed soon." I cursed as I threw a pillow at the television.

Ding dong!

Yay, food! Getting up, I walked to the front door and waited for two minutes until the delivery person was gone. Peeking through the peephole, I checked to see if he was gone. All clear. Opening the door partially I grabbed the package and the change left on it. $2.01. They didn't have to give me change. Daft buggers. Feel guilty. I gave them vague instructions because of shit going on but they still feel the need to return money.

Returning inside, I locked the door again and set the food on the kitchen counter. Silence embodied the house as I set my food up. Funny, I don't remember turning the tv off.

Wait a fucking minute. How come the t.v. is off?