3

As I returned home from my encounter with Jisoo, I was greeted by the sight of my sister Alice, already up and about. I couldn't help but share with her the awkward and embarrassing moment that had just transpired. Despite my embarrassment, Alice burst out in laughter, finding humor in my strange reflexes. I was relieved that Jisoo hadn't been bothered by my slip-up.

The rest of the morning was spent idling at home, as we all took the time to open our gifts from the previous night. However, I had saved one present, tucking it away in my room. I wasn't quite sure when the right time would be to open it, so I left it be for the time being.

Just as I was settling into my day, my phone buzzed with a text message from Jennie, inviting me to join her for lunch. I was overjoyed at the opportunity to catch up with old friends and agreed without hesitation. With the help of my mother, we managed to clear the snow off my car, allowing me to make the journey to meet my friends.

I had informed my mother and sister of my plans to head out at noon, and they simply nodded in understanding, knowing that I was going to meet with old friends. As I unbuckled my seatbelt and leaned in for a better view of the Methodist Church stood tall on one side, while my old school loomed on the other. I noticed a few changes that had taken place in the years since I last set foot on campus.

Reaching into the passenger seat, I grabbed my bag and made my way across the street to the Vietnamese restaurant, where Jennie and Lisa were waiting for me. This place held so many memories for me, and I couldn't wait to catch up with my old friends over a bowl of pho.

I double-checked to make sure my car was locked before crossing the street, my heart beating with excitement as I approached the entrance of the restaurant.

The small, unassuming restaurant in town may not have the grandeur of a five-star establishment, but it more than made up for it with its warm and friendly atmosphere

As I walked in, I heard a familiar voice call out to me. "Am I seeing things, or is my mom's all-time favorite customer here?" I turned to my right to see Hanh, a bright smile spreading across her face.

I rushed over to give her a hug, feeling the warmth of her embrace as she chuckled. "Do you say that to all four of us?" I teased, eliciting a laugh from her.

"How did you find out?" I asked, joining in her laughter. "But seriously, you're my mom's favorite because you eat more than the others," she added with a mischievous twinkle in her eye. "But don't tell them that."

I smiled, taking her words as a compliment to my hearty appetite. "Where's your mother?" I asked, eager to catch up on all the latest news.

"She's back in Vietnam," Hanh replied, her eyes filled with a touch of sadness. "I'm managing the restaurant for now because they won't be back until the end of the holidays."