ilusm

Bonnie POV:

It'd been far too long since we fell asleep in each others arms. She was wild in all the best ways, her personality, her music, her style, but most of all her hair. Her black waves that are currently spread over my chest and arm.

She always used to be busy, saying she knew that I missed her and that she was sorry but she was just so busy, ya know being the Vampire Queen and all. It's not like I wasn't busy, but I just wanted to see her. There came a point in time where the roles reversed, she'd ask to see me and I'd be the busy one. She was so much more patient though - she would understand and say she'd fly by with some food for us, she always did. She gave me the break I always needed without realising it.

There was one time though where I reacted badly, she'd brought me a burger and fries, herself some strawberries so drink the red out of and I was so stressed. I was in too deep with my work and didn't realise that I needed a break, so I told her to leave - she didn't, arguing that she could see the stress in my face and it wasn't healthy. I couldn't control myself and I lashed out to her.

"Work isn't bad for me... It's you! You're the one dragging me down, slowing down my work! I can't do with you anymore Marceline, I can't be your babysitter anymore! I can't do this, me and you, anymore - its tiring, painful, dragging me down. I need you to leave Marceline. Now!"

I could never forgive myself for what I said to her, she just wanted to help and I didn't let her, instead I caused her pain. The way she looked in those candy mines, how ready to give up she was, I hated the fact that I drove her to that point. The emptiness in her eyes was terrifying, she looked nothing like my Marcy: she had lost a lot of weight and that was visible in her face alone, her hands were bruised and bloodied - worse than when she'd got into a fight with some stupid homophobes - her hair was matted and tangled. She was a merely a skeleton of who she used to be.

Looking at her now, lay with her head on my chest, I can see my Marcy coming back, she's happier, calmer. She struggles to eat, but she's getting there. She looks at me with love in her eyes again, not that I deserve it, and she makes more time than ever for me. We are yet to make it official, but I know I'm hers until the end of the line.

I can't sleep tonight, which is why I'm lay here, thinking of the reasons I love her - she makes me feel special, she makes me feel loved, she drove away the numbness I was surrounded with and now I feel something incredible again. I'm so glad I can hold her and keep her close.

The only light in the room was that of the moon shining in through the window, showing our bodies merged together perfectly, much like a jigsaw puzzle. In the dark, alone, thinking she was asleep and unable to here me I whispered those five words:

"I love you so much"

A/N

Check out 'ilusm' by gnash, plays a small part in this chapter but it is an amazing song. Sorry it's so short again.