𝟐𝟓. 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐑 𝐃𝐎𝐔𝐁𝐓

(25 : AND I WILL DO IT

(25 : AND I WILL DO IT . . .
WITHOUT FEAR OR DOUBT)

✧࿐ ཾ✧

WITH GRYFFINDOR DECLARED THE WINNERS of the 1977 Quidditch Cup, the team loudly began to sing their house anthem, swaying and high-fiving each other as they headed to the changing rooms. The once gloomy day had shifted, the golden light of the sun illuminating the already bright smiles of the victors.

Amidst the exultant crowd, Juliet felt out of place. As easy it was to get swept up in the atmosphere of the pitch, Juliet didn't want to intrude on another house's special moment. Even if Lily was more than welcoming, Juliet was a proud Slytherin through and through. Leaving her newfound friend to celebrate with her housemates, Juliet merged with the exiting crowd, a clear destination in mind.

After being pointed in the right direction by another student, Juliet lingered in front of the Gryffindor changing rooms. Wringing her hands, she wondered why she was so nervous. It was James. And she was a Fawley — she didn't get nervous.

"James," she caught his wrist when he exited, freshly showered, "congratulations."

     "Is that it?" James leaned against the wall, cocky and not at all startled by her presence. "I scored two goals so you didn't have to sit through that stupid game to see me lose and all I get is a congratulations?"

     If she was embarrassed that he heard her shouts, she didn't show it. "You missed out the part where I called you a wanker. It was the most important part, in fact."

     He seemed a little more arrogant than normal, perhaps from the high of the win. Juliet couldn't deny she liked it. "I thought it was implied. You always call me a wanker."

"Not always," denied Juliet. "Sometimes I call you a twat."

     The boy's mouth twitched upwards. "Now that you mention it, I seem to remember you calling me cute too."

    Nonplussed, the redhead looked him up and down. "I think you took one too many bludgers to the head. I've never used the words 'James Potter' and 'cute' in the same sentence. Ever."

     "In Hogsmeade, remember?"

Comprehension flooded her features and she slapped him the arm. "I said your whole white knight gig was cute, you arse." Juliet attempted to ignore the fact that she was close enough to smell his cologne — he smelt like citrus and sandalwood. "And I was being condescending!"

Checking himself out, James turned around. "I do have a cute arse, don't I?"

"I never said that either," she pointed out, her mouth agape. "It's like you only hear what you want to hear."