𝟓𝟑. 𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄

(53 : FORGETTING ANY

(53 : FORGETTING ANY . . .
OTHER HOME BUT THIS)

✧࿐ ཾ✧

"INFUSION OF WORMWOOD? STEWED MANDRAKE?" Regulus neatly folded the parchment in half, a small frown forming on his face. "I have to say this is a weird shopping list, even for you."

     Juliet snorted. "You're hardly in a position to judge when you bought basilisk venom from Mundungus Fletcher last week."

"That's different, it's to destroy the hor—"

"To destroy the horcrux that you idiotically risked your life for, I know." Her response came out harsher than intended, causing her to wince. "Sorry. It's still a sore topic. I mean, you died. Repeatedly. If the ring didn't work, I would have been the only one to know the truth, but now you're here in front of me, laughing and joking . . . I guess it almost feels like I imagined the entire thing," she explained, shifting uncomfortably from foot to foot. "You shouldn't have gone alone. You promised not to."

     Regulus looked successfully guilt-tripped."Fine! I'll make a trip to Diagon Alley."

     "Good," she said, cracking a grin. "I think it's time we visit Sirius too. It's been a month, Reg. As much as I like having you with me, it's too dangerous with you now playing double agent. I've already had a close call with McNair and Mulciber. If someone recognises you with me —"

     His expression hardened. "And what is Sirius going to do? In case you forgot, he's the one who left me. I'm not one who should be crawling back, wanting forgiveness."

     "I don't care about your petty sibling war when we're in the middle of an actual war," she told him, a sense of finality to her blunt words. "Both of you can swallow your pride or I will make you swallow it. I'll send him a patronus and arrange a time soon."

     Although Regulus grumbled, Juliet thought he would thank her later.

✧࿐ ཾ✧

     In the month since the skirmish at the cave, not much had changed for Juliet. Regulus had been following her around the country since she was still on the run, but their latest close call with some Death Eaters had encouraged Juliet to reach out to Sirius for the first time since leaving Potter Manor. With the Dark Lord oblivious to one of his most loyal follower's deference, Regulus had resumed his place amongst the coveted Death Eater ranks whilst simultaneously helping out Juliet. It was a dangerous game they were playing and she knew it was time for them to split up.

     Whilst Juliet still didn't trust Dumbledore, she couldn't protect Regulus from Voldemort and the Order of the Phoenix could. If all went to plan, Regulus would be placed under their protection and she would continue on — alone — dodging aurors and crazed wizards alike.