Crushed

A/N; I'm proud of the title I thought of hehe. this is my first one-shot so tell me how you like it! i already have a suggestion for one that I L O V E so I'll be doing that next :) I apologize that this took so long ya girls schedule is loaaadeddddd i feel so bad for not writing

Backstory: The guys are human and always have been. Julie and Luke met when they were kids and have been crushing on each other ever since. Julie starts to give up, thinking that Luke would never like her. So what happens when a certain blonde-haired lacrosse player asks her out?

Songs to listen to while reading: (I got a lil carried away writing it so there's a lot)

Never Been in Love - Will Jay

Call You Mine - Fulton Lee

Paper Rings - Taylor Swift

Somebody to You - The Vamps

Let's Get Married - Bleachers

Make You Mine - Public

La Da Dee - Cody Simpson

Mamma Mia Girl - Sam and Sounds

If I Could Tell Her - Dear Evan Hansen

Our Song - Taylor Swift 

Anyone Else - Joshua Bassett

Backyard Boy - Claire Rosinkranz

One Day - Addie Stube

(All are very lighthearted and sweet, remind me of young love and the way you feel when you truly truly love someone, so I think they kind of emulate the chapter really well)

Julie's POV:

"Would you maybe want to, go on a date with me sometime? I've liked you for like forever." 

Was this really happening? Is my crush since like forever asking me out? Does Luke Patterson really like me?

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"You're about to be late for school sleepy head!" Shoot. Just another dream. 

I jump out of bed and change my clothes, brush through my hair, and quickly brushed my teeth.

"Come on Mija! Luke is waiting in the driveway!" My Dad calls.

I run downstairs, grabbing my backpack and some lunch money, before running out the door. I walk outside and am immediately met with Luke's car horn honking at me.

"Run run run! Come on Jules we can't be late again! Do you know how many tardies I have because of you?" He yells as I hop into his truck. Luke and I have been riding to school together for as long as I can remember. So when he got his license, that immediately meant driving me to school.

"Would you stop honking?! Carlos is still sleeping and you don't know what it's like dealing with a grumpy fifth grader!"

"Wow," Luke says. "How's it going, Luke? Good morning. It's so nice to see you!" He says, mimicking my voice.

"Maybe if you don't honk at me I'll be nice." I respond, and he falls back, clutching his chest.

"I guess I won't give her majesty her daily bagel then." He says reaching for a paper bag from the backseat. One thing I love about Luke, he always makes sure I'm happy. I forget to eat breakfast so often that he started bringing me bagels every morning. I don't know why he would do that for me, but it's really cute.

"Hey! Give it here!" I say reaching up to where he was holding the bag, just for him to snatch it away.

"What's the magic word?"