Sick Day

A/N: not me getting writer's block writing whirlwind so I'm writing another one-shot instead..... not me.... wrong girl :)

This one-shot was suggested by the amazing 

Background: Julie and Luke are married with a daughter named Rose. Luke and Rose become sick and Julie has to take care of them. Cute family fluff! 

Songs to listen to while reading: 

Without You - Parachute

The Cure - Lady Gaga

If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin

Hero - Christopher Wilde

Put A Little Love on Me - Niall Horan

Our Song - Taylor Swift

Kiss Me - Ed Sheeran

She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5

Line Without a Hook - Ricky Montogomery 

Everything Has Changed - Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran

Faithfully - Journey

(All are just super cute n sweet, and remind me of how in love Julie and Luke are!)

Julie's POV:

"It's okay sweetie, you can lay in here tonight." My eyes flutter open and I look over at the clock on my nightstand. 

3 AM

I hear Rose cough and I turn over to see her trying to climb into our bed, eyes red and puffy. 

"Sorry, I was trying not to wake you up, but Rose isn't feeling too well," Luke says.

"It's fine. Let me go get the thermometer to check your temperature, okay?" I say, speaking softly to Rose.

I get up to get the thermometer and come back to see Luke and Rose cuddled up together, already fast asleep. I chuckle at them and get back in bed closing my eyes for what feels like seconds before falling back asleep. 

~~~~~~

7 AM

I'm woken up by loud coughing. But this coughing is deep, it can't be Rose. It has to be Luke. He looks miserable, his eyes are swollen and red just like Rose's. I see Rose stir in her sleep and go to get cough syrup for Luke. 

When I come back Rose is coughing and Luke is frantically trying to turn on Mickey Mouse so she won't cry.

A/N; just a disclaimer, they don't have corona or anything I just put coughing bc throw up is gross and I'm not tryna write that haha

I take Rose's temperature and it's 101. She definitely has a fever. After taking Rose's temperature I go to the bathroom and wash off the thermometer, taking Luke's temperature. 102. They both have a fever.

Seeing the worried look on my face, Luke takes the thermometer from me and places it on our side table. 

"I'll be fine with Rose, lay back down and get some sleep. We'll go to the living room and watch Mickey Mouse and eat some popsicles, right Rose?" He says looking at Rose who is nodding viciously. If you ever need to bribe Rose with anything, popsicles are the route to go. 

"Are you sure? Let me at least come into there with you and get her set up with a bucket."

"Okay, Jules." He says, picking Rose up and carrying her into the other room. 

I quickly gather up a bunch of blankets and pillows and make a little bed for Rose on the couch, gather a bucket and grab her a popsicle, and sit down next to Luke on the couch helping him with the remote. He is terrible at working the TV. We finally get Rose's favorite show, Mickey Mouse, up when I notice her start to hold her stomach.

I rush over to hand her the bucket, and rub her back as she throws up her popsicle. Poor thing. I look over to Luke, who is running to the bathroom, the sight of Rose making him nauseous. I'm definitely not going back to sleep tonight. 

~~~~~~

10 AM

I'm exhausted. Rose has thrown up four more times since she's woken up, and every time Luke has thrown up right after her. 

I'm coming back from rinsing out Rose's bucket when I hear snoring. I turn the corner to see Rose finally asleep on the couch. I tiptoe past her and lay down next to Luke on the other couch, my eyes drooping. 

"Get some sleep. I got this." Luke whispers into my ear, and I finally give in and let my eyes shut. He kisses me on the head and I fall asleep cuddled up in his arms. At least I know he'll try his best to take care of me when I get sick after this. 

~~~~~~

A/N: alright that's it! i tried my best and I actually like it a good bit, it's pretty short tho. but I have a list of other one shots to do and ideas for whirlwind so I promise I'm trying to get back into writing again! love y'all and comment more suggestions!