Hearts Combined

Leigh POV
"Leigh are you okay?"
"No dad I'm not my boyfriend is in surgery."
"Boyfriend!?"
"Yes, Corporal Derek Young is my boyfriend we've been talking since you were 'dead'. So you don't have the right to be mad. I love him, you can't decide who I'm with or not! Mom hasn't been with anyone since you were gone. Mom approves of my relationship so much so that she has allowed me to move in with him!"
"You're right I don't have the right to be mad or decide who you're with and if your mother approves I'll approve but how are you able to live on base?"
"I'm your daughter that's how. Derek told me that he told the Marines that I'm your daughter and because of what you did I'm able to live with him. Even though you are alive even if you go back to the Marines after this I'm still going to live with Derek and help him." I went off on him. Derek is the love of my life and right now he's injured. He loves the Marines it's a big part of his life. If he doesn't have the Marines I don't know what he will do if he loses them.
"You're becoming a strong and independent woman."
"Thank you dad but there's something I have to tell you I have ADPKD. It's a genetic mutation but it means autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease."
"Oh my, what are you going to do?"
"I've decided to become a doctor, I want to work at the hospitals on military bases."
"I'm proud of you."
"Thank you dad again. Uncle John, how are you?"
"Just a sprain wrist and a few bruised ribs."
"That's good to hear brother."
"I'm happy you're alive Blake."
"I am too but did you know about her relationship with Derek?"
"Yes because they live next door."
"Hey, dad I'm going to go pack my stuff up and then go pack Derek's."
"Okay, I'll come to get you once he's out."

I honestly just wanted to get away from my family, yes I know I just got my dad back, but I can't deal with him right now.  I started packing but then I found a necklace Derek gave me before he deployed.

~what it looks like~

He said one heart is his and the other is mine

He said one heart is his and the other is mine. That our hearts are combined and that he's no longer living for God but for me because I'm part of his life. I put it on I didn't have it on because it's not safe to go into a war zone with a necklace like that on. I started to cry but then Agent Thompson came in.
"Hey, are you okay Leigh?"
"No the love of my life is in surgery and I found the necklace he gave me before his deployment."
"It's a beautiful necklace."
"It is."
"Do you need anything or any help?"
"Yes, can I have a hug, Agent Thompson?"
"Yes but please call me Ashley."
"Okay, Ashley thank you for this I really needed a hug that's not from family."
"I know that feeling but let me help you pack okay?"
"Okay once I'm done I have to go pack Derek's stuff but I can ask one of his buddies to help."
"I'll come with you okay? And I bet if you can't find something his buddies will help or if something is missing they'll give it to you."
"Yeah."

So we finished packing my stuff we went to go pack Derek's stuff but when I got there I was surprised he was already packed.
"Hello, Leigh I'm Corporal Alex Cooper. I just thought with everything going I would pack his stuff up for you."
"Thank you, Corporal."
"Your welcome but please call me Alex, Derek has told me a lot about you."
"Really? Are you his friend?"
"Yeah he talks about you a lot I'm actually his best friend. He just wanted to spend the most time with you so that's why you haven't met me."
"Thank you for being here for him and would you like to meet Major General Kalahan?"
"It would be an honor ma'am."
"Alex call me Leigh please I hate being called ma'am."