prologue

y/n's pov ://

i swiftly woke up, my eyes opening to nothing but strangeness. i felt my chest heat up as i looked around, a brief wave of relief washing over me as i realized. it was only my room. my new room. change was always scary for me. i let out a sigh as i picked up my phone, squinting as the harsh blue light blinded me.
6:01 a.m.
i groaned as i sat up. there was no way i was getting back to sleep. i was exhausted from the move. i had gone all the way from a tiny tourist town, almost across the country, to here. texas. my mom had figured we all needed a fresh start. i agreed, but still. all the way to texas? why here?
i scratched my head as i opened up tiktok, because what else was i going to do so early in the morning? i let my mind wonder as i scrolled mindlessly through the videos- occasionally letting out a giggle. i began thinking about how i started school soon. all new people. all new things. school ruined my life, to be completely honest. it was nothing but the stereotypical jock slut-shaming me without any knowledge of who i was, and listening to white ferrari by frank ocean in the stall during lunch. but maybe texas was different. i daydreamed about how maybe this place had more open minds, more places to explore, the usual daydreams of a teenager who feels trapped by her surroundings. my eyes widened as the usual tiktok came up- "hey! you've been scrolling for way too long. maybe go get a snack-" i paused, groaning as i hoisted myself up. maybe i should go get something to eat.
i returned to my bed and threw a rainbow goldfish cracker into my mouth as i scrolled on. a video came up of some random white boy dancing in a parking garage. i double tapped and smiled, "nice." i thought. his name was @/chaserutherford. i decided to open his profile and scroll a bit as gentle laughter filled my room.
i followed. i can worry about the burdens of my "new life" later.

//ok so this was really short and kind of boring but i promise it will get better next chapter, just bare with me 🙄‼️