Chapter 2

JJK

Jungkook's awoken by someone flopping onto the bed and clinging onto him like a koala. He can already tell it's Jimin by the giggles that fill the air next to him but he's too tired to acknowledge him and instead buries his head back into his pillow which muffled the sound around him.

"Jungkookie~ Time to get up, we're leaving in ten minutes," He leans close to whisper in Jungkook's ear. Jimin's lips gently graze the skin ever so slightly making the maknae quickly shift away from him and pull the covers over his head. Jimin just laughs in response before getting up and walking to the kitchen to join the others.

So shameless

Jungkook thinks to himself as he listens to the soft footsteps fade away. He eventually pulls down the covers and turns to lie on his back, rubbing his face in order to wake up properly. Although he tries to stay calm, he can't help but feel how the tips of his ears burn but he doesn't dwell long enough and pulls himself out of the bed to wash his face.

...

They all pile into the company van, Jimin, as always is eager for the seat next to Jungkook and playfully pushes Jin to the furthest back seat so he can comfortably sit between Jungkook and Taehyung.

"Yah! Kids these days have no manners, aishhh," Jin yells in disbelief as he's eventually shoved to the back with Hoseok and Namjoon while Yoongi sits in the passenger seat next to manager Sejin.

Jimin just blows an air kiss to him before turning around to face Jungkook with a smile. He has his phone in his small hands and opens up a game to hold up right in Jungkook's face.

It's a two player ping pong game and Jimin's earnest smile easily signifies that he wants to play it with his cute dongsaeng. It almost makes Jungkook's heart melt but, by chance, he takes a glance in the rear-view mirror and sees Yoongi staring back at him. Although he loves his grumpy hyung he can't help but remember how smiley Jimin was when leaving with Yoongi so out of pettiness, he shakes his head at Jimin's offer and pretends to go on his phone instead.

"Ooh Chim, I want to play,"

Taehyung easily distracts Jimin who was previously frowning at being dismissed by Jungkook, yet again. Happy to have someone to play with, Jimin enthusiastically turns to Taehyung with a cute 'Okay Taetae!' and they proceed to get lost in an competitive game of ping pong for the rest of the way there.

As the pair get lost in their own world, a weird feeling that builds up in Jungkook's chest as he watches Jimin rest his head on Taehyung's shoulder, basically snuggled into his side. Jimin cheers loudly when he wins at the game and Taehyung only shoves him playfully and laughs before starting a new match.

Jungkook doesn't know what's wrong with him but every time he see's Jimin all buddy buddy with someone it makes his throat get tight and his chest heavy and recently it's getting a lot worse. Before, when they were only freshly introduced to the idol world, Jungkook was so overwhelmed by all the love and attention he received from his new hyung that he felt relief whenever Jimin was distracted by someone else. Now, he can't help but stick his tongue in his cheek as he watches Jimin laugh with his 'soul mate'.

Aish, do they really have to cling to each other like that? There's this thing called space.

Jungkook thinks to himself and soon gets lost in his thoughts throughout the short ride to the their company building. Soon enough, they're pulling into the car park and the members all pile out of the van.