Graduation

Hi guys,
My name is Maya, and I am the author of this story. I am hoping that all of you guys like it, and if you could please vote❤️
It would be much appreciated, thank you.
x Maya

I was squished in a tiny seat, between my best friend and a very hot guy who looked like he belonged on the cover of a magazine.

.......

I was going to Europe. Europe. As in, 'eating gelato in Italy' Europe. As in 'watching the sunset from on top of the Eiffel Tower' Europe.
I was so excited. It hadn't really been a planned thing, it had just sort of happened.

Flashback

"I can't believe we actually did it!" Al yelled at me, over all the screaming and yelling of parents and siblings congratulating their kids on graduating. Everyone was crying and laughing, and me and Al just kinda stood there, still in shock of having actually done it, having actually graduated. Al turned to me, squeezing me into a hug.
"I'm so proud of you." He whispered in my ear. I smiled.
"I'm so proud of you." I whispered back.

Me and Al weren't exactly the emotional types. He was more of the 'make a joke in a difficult situation' kinda guy, and I wasn't exactly the best at dealing with emotions so I was fine with that.
We stood there, just happy in each other's arms, when someone yelled at me.

"Looking good there Woods!" Jonny Fletcher yelled at me.
I turned around and laughed, "Looking pretty good there yourself Fletcher!" I yelled back.
I turned back around to Al and grinned.
"Why are you grinning at me like that?" He asked.
"Well, I just realised that we're finally free!" I laughed.
He grinned his Cheshire grin. "Leo, I think this is the first time I don't have any assignments due." He laughed, tackling me in a bear hug.
I laughed.

"Leo!" Someone yelled at me. I turned around to see none other than my best friend Chrissy, well second-best friend only to Al, stomping over to me with a grin on her face.
"Chrissy!" I yelled back at her.
"I'm going to go talk to some of the guys." Al whispered in my ear. I nodded.
I watched Al walk over to some of his friends on the football team; they all start slapping him on the back.
"We did it!" Chrissy shrieks at me, lobbing me into one of her famous, rib-crushing hugs.
"I know." I smile into her hair, hugging her back.

Chrissy was my best girlfriend, she was popular and stylish, and had probably dated more guys than she had eaten sandwiches. She was the 'it' girl, everyone wanted to be her friend, which she was, she was super friendly and nice to everyone, but she only really let her be herself around me.
I had met her on my first day of high school, she had just transferred here from a school in Paris, and was born there, but when her mom had died, her dad had married Chrissy's step mom, Louise, who was from here, in Los Angeles. So her dad and her moved over here, and ever since then we've been besties.
The one thing about Chrissy is that she's super rich. Her family owns half the land in France, and they have tons of old family money, so I loved spending time at her house,which looked just like a palace.

She let me go, but held me at arms length.
"Leonara Jean Woods, what on earth have you done to your hair!?" She asked me critically.
"I just curled it." I said sheepishly.
"Why!?" She asked shocked, "I would kill to have straight hair like yours, kill, instead I have to be stuck with these!" She said indignantly, grabbing a fistful of curls.
Chrissy had dark, auburn coloured hair, with tight curls. She hated them as she said they were 'just more work than they're worth.'
"Well Chrissy, you know I love your curls." I smiled.
"Doesn't mean I like them." She mumbled, but gave me a huge smile anyway.
I laughed.

"So Leo what are we going to do this Summer?" She asked me grinning.
"I'm actually not sure." I said, thinking about it.
"Well I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to my Holiday Chateau in France?" She smiled at me, as if this was a perfectly normal thing to say to a friend.
My mouth formed a perfect 'o'.
"What?" I managed to gasp out. "You're inviting me to your house in France?!"
"Who's going where and why am I not invited?" Al asked, suddenly reappearing, hooking his arm around my shoulder.
"Well of course you're welcome." Chrissy smiled warmly at Al.
"Chrissy just invited us to spend the summer at her house in France." I gasped, still reeling from the shock.