Chapter 27

I shot the man who was aiming his gun at me. Seeing the blood flow out of him made me flinch a little. I had just shot him in the thigh. I wasn't brave enough to kill.

I walked on shooting the opponent people until I entered Kai's throne room. The first thing I saw there was the picture I had taken of Colton during the party in a big frame with the words 'THE ENEMY' written on it. I laughed at it. Kai.

I looked around to see Kai here in this room. He was fighting three people at a time. He killed two of them when he noticed me here. I smiled at him and turned to get a man out of my way.

"Kai!" I screamed as I saw a man stab him in the guts. I ran towards him. 

"I am okay. Get that asshole." Kai said when I went to him.

"Stop, you son of a bitch." I shouted and the man turned around. I may not have exactly killed anyone right now but now I will. How dare he hurt Kai? I aimed my gun straight at his skull when I felt someone put a knife at my throat.

"Pull that trigger and you lose your life." he threatened. Thank god the man in front of me had a blade and not a gun. He couldn't even run because my gun was pointed at him. "Lower your weapon." he said.

I hesitated but started lowering my gun at a very slow pace. I noticed Kai reload his gun from the corner of my eye. Good now he can back me up. He aimed his gun at the man behind me. Luckily, both of them were too busy threatening me to notice Kai's movements. I had an idea.

I kept lowering my gun until I got an aim at his crotch. I slightly turned my head towards Kai indicating that I was going to shoot. Hope that he got my signal. I counted till three in my mind and pulled the trigger. The bullet hit the man right where the sun doesn't shine. He fell down in pain. He would be dead in a few minutes. As if on cue, I felt the knife cut my skin and within milliseconds Kai had shot the man behind me. The cut on my neck wasn't deep. It was a very slight one but it was bleeding.

I ran over to Kai and helped him up on his feet. His wound was bleeding like hell.

"Let's get you to your room, Kai." 

"I can walk, Rose. It's not that bad. Are you okay?" he said when I put his arm around my shoulders. The fact that he asked me whether I was okay when his wound was bleeding gallons of blood showed that how much he cared for me.

"Kai I am fine. It is you that needs medical attention right now." I said helping him up that stairs. We saw two men running down the stairs. They aimed their guns at us but before they could pull the trigger I had shot one right in the skull and Kai had shot the other in his chest.

"Great aim, baby." the fingers of his hand which was on my shoulders started caressing the skin above the neckline of my shirt. He couldn't leave his flirty side aside even in situations like these. 

"Thanks." I smiled and hurried him to our room.

"I especially liked the crotch one." he smiled at me. I smiled back.

I looked around to check if anyone was around and then entered our room, locking the door behind me. 

"What to do now, Kai?" I asked him since I didn't know how to treat this. I brought a clean cloth to clean the wound first.

"Yeah. You wipe of the blood and then apply pressure on the wound to stop it from bleeding." he said as he moved himself to a more comfortable position.

"Okay. But what about the doctor?" I gently wiped the blood off his wound.

"It's usually Dana that helps us when it is nothing too serious. We have basic training too." he said. I applied some pressure  on the wound. 

Kai's phone rang. I answered it and put it on speaker.

"Boss, the mansion is now clear. Most of their men are severely injured. 12 of our men are dead." he informed.

"Okay. Take their injured men to the cells. Give them basic treatment. Dispose the bodies of our men properly. Make sure our injured men get proper treatment." Kai ordered.

"Ok sir." and I cut the call.

I dialled Dana's number and called her to our room.

"Oh my god. Kai! Are you okay?" she started asking as soon as she entered.

"Yes Dana. Chill." Kai laughed.

"Show me. " she came towards us.

"The wound is quite deep, by the looks of it. I can't say anything without detailed inspection."

"Like I said, the wound is quite deep but Kai is lucky that the blade missed his organs. Right now I will stitch it up." Dana said after a very detailed inspection. I hadn't seen Enzo yet. I guess he was dealing with the bodies all over the mansion.

"Does it hurt too much, Kai?" I asked as I laid beside him, tracing the tattoo on his chest.

"No baby. I'm fine. Did you do something about the cut on your neck?" 

"Yes. I cleaned it up." and I kissed him out of the blue. God, I love this man so much. He put his hand around my waist and the other one on the back of my neck. The kiss was rough but passionate.

"There is one little problem, Rose." Kai said after we pulled out, panting for breath.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"You won't be able to stare at my swoon worthy abs for a few days." he pointed towards the large bandage on his stomach.

"I am disappointed but you know, you abs aren't that swoon worthy." I teased.

"Really?" he asked with a fake hurt expression.

"Yeah. I know a lot of people who have better abs than yours." I said, teasing him more.

"Care to name a few?" he raised his brow.

"Umm... that guy in the mirror." I said pointing towards the mirror in front of us.

"Oh really? And what is his name." 

"Kai Parker." I mumbled. I really really loved this man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to know what you think of all of the people in this story as an individual character.

I would really appreciate if you share this story with your friends and the people who might like it.

Do vote, share and comment your views. ❤❤